Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Mei, are you there?", Mei couldn't believe that her manager is moving to another project. Udawaga is her mentor for the past 3 years and he helped her to settle down in this project and more than that, he made everyone realize that she is a good asset to the company when there was a doubt due to her silence.  And to her shock, Udawaga has moved to another location.  

"Mei?", the voice startled her and made her come out of her trance. "Are you ok?". She just gave a "Hmmm" for the person in the other line.it was hard for Udawaga as well as he took her under his wings and thought her everything and she was a special resource for him. But, he couldn't stay in the same role and he was promoted and was moved to another location as a manager. This automatically made him recommend Mei as the lead for the current project she is in. 

"Mei, listen... it would be hard for a women to survive in the corporate industry. But, you have to prove that you are worthy to be in that position and don't make me regret to opt you for that position", explained Udawaga from the other line.

"I will do my best, Udawaga-san", she replied him and hung the phone thinking what will be in store for her in the future.