chapter 04

We arrived...

Mandeville, Manchester

15 Grove Road

Oshane Baxter | 26

Gyal lemme play inna yuh hair and tun around,                                          good pussy gyal cya gimme no head alone
Hello gyal yuh breast dеm a jello
Yuh teeth doh yellow
Yuh pussy doh stretch out
Put yuh pan a backshat yuh pussy doh еcho
Love gyal uptown, love Gyal ina di ghetto

Bubblegum!
Mi a di gyal dem bubble gum
And she a whine pan me and a bubble up
Yow Biggie tun e music, doh tun it dung
Di party too nice we ago bun e dung

Mek d music suh loud, mi get it seh him did a guh fi something big fi him birthday, but carnival theme dawg. I went upstairs on the front balcony for fresh air, sipping my liquor and admiring the view I heard an engine. 

I looked down to where the sound was coming from, I saw a car pulling up. Staring down at the car, I wait to see who exits the vehicle. At the sight my eyes widened, I saw five girls exiting the car, but one with a familiar face.

A dem seh carnival...

Dem look good, but dah one deh...mi know har from someweh.

About 5-8 minutes later I decided to head back downstairs, I wanted to get a closer look at the girls. Once I arrived, I saw men trying to get their attention, but a wah coulda cause dis fada god.

I walked over to where the one in the white was, pushing some men aside. Once I was there I held her hand," Baby, mek mi buy yuh something fi drink nuh" I said smiling. Once she turned to face me, the smile on her face faded.

" Mi alright", she answered pulling her hand out mine. 

My mouth opened to speak, but then I heard a sudden thud, and glass shattering. Looking behind me I see Destiny on the floor and Davion standing over her.

I rushed over to them, " How yuh fi put yuh hand pan yuh sista bredda!", I shouted pushing him aggressively to the side. While helping her stand, I realized a few glasses had cut her arm and right leg.

I handed her over to one of the friends she came with. 

Kiara Campbell | 23

Placing Destiny on the couch to lie down, I look to my left and see Davion and his friend shouting at each other.

I rushed over to them both. " Weh yuh push har dung fah?!" I exclaimed. As he turned to face me I saw Munchi come between both me and Davion.

" Weh yah shout off a him fah?!", she nudged my shoulder. I looked down at where she touched and back at her, " Crawsis, dis nave nothin fi do wid you" I replied. " Of course it has something to do with me, yuh shout off a mi man", she answered, and a wring up har long neck like ostrich.