An Evening Spent Well

Arya:

That girl broke the hug and for the first time, I saw Ishaan smiling with the other person than Eira.

"How are you, Kiara? When did you arrive from India?" Ishaan said.

"Just today Ishaan. I came here directly," Kiara said.

Ishaan went directly to the guest room and closed the door. I stood there at the entrance trying to understand who is she. Ishaan even forgot me and they both behaved as if I don't exist. This guy is too tough to understand than Varun. He was angry when I started my presentation with the help of Yasish but here this Kiara hugged him and they both went to a room and closed the door. How should I react now?

"Why are you standing like a statue here? Go to your room. That's what you do always. Always staying in your room and shutting the door," Ishaan's mom said.

"Who is Kiara?" I said.

"She is Ishaan's best friend. They are very close and we thought they would get married but unfortunately Ishaan brought a mindless girl like you as my daughter-in-law," Aunty said and I went to my room immediately as I don't want an argument with her.

"Mom," Eira said and hugged me as soon as I went to my room. My phone rang and I went to attend the call.

"Dhairya," they said.

"Yes," I said.

"How are you?"

"I am good," I said which is a lie forever.

"How is Varun and Eira?"

"They are also doing good."

"How is dad?" I said.

"Dad is in the same situation. Doctors are also unable to predict anything about his condition," mom said.

"I wish dad will come into conscious soon."

"Dhairya, can you come to India once with Eira?"

"Mom, I can't come now to India. I will try after a few days."

I heard Ishaan's footsteps and disconnected the call but when I turned back, he is just behind me.

"Ishaan?" I said, stunned as I don't know whether he listened to my phone conversation or not.

"Why are you that terrified as if you are seeing a ghost?"

"No, actually......"

"I didn't come here to listen your nonsense. I came here to tell you that I am taking Eira out with me," Ishaan said.

"She is your daughter. Do as you wish," I said. Ishaan lifted her in his arms and kissed her on the cheek.

"Eira, shall we go out?" Ishaan said.

"No, I won't come with you," Eira said.

"Why? Are you angry with dad? But why?"

"Dad, you always takes me outside but you never ask mom to accompany us. She always works at home and office but goes nowhere," Eira said with a pout. Atleast my daughter understood me and my boring life. Anyways I am sure Ishaan would never like me accompanying him.

"Arya, go and get ready. We are going out. I will wait for you in the living room," Ishaan said, surprising me.

I got ready and went to them. Ishaan stared at me for a while. He opened the front side car door, signaling me with eyes to sit there. I was about to get in but all of a sudden, Kiara sat there.

"Kiara, what is this?" Ishaan said.

"I too want to come with you. It's been so long that we went out together," Kiara said.