part 39

Avni:- as per our Punjabi ritual we will follow the vatna ceremony now.

Anhay nodded and sat and slowly they started applying turmeric paste on his hands, legs and face.

Aariv:- Anhay you are looking so ugly

Anhay:- mom shut his mouth or I'm leaving anyway I'm not liking this dirtiness on my body.

Avni:- shut up Anhay.

Arjun, another cousin of Anhay and brother of Aariv came and threw a cold water bucket on Anhay and they tore his kurta and applied haldi (turmeric paste) on his upper body making him sulk.

Anhay took the entire bowl and started throwing haldi on everyone.

Soon his father asked him to take a bath

On the other side Kriva wore a saree and they sat for grih Shanti puja.

Right after the Mandap Mahurat is performed, they perform another Puja addressing all planets and stars. In a Gujarati wedding, a Griha Shanti Puja is an absolute must to ensure a happy and peaceful marital life for the couple. This Puja is basically to avoid any kind of astrological and planetary hurdles that might appear.
Her grih Shanti look

She sat between her parents and did the puja and she looked at mother tiredly

Nidhi:- princess I know you are tired but please just 2 days and then you can take a rest.

She nodded and went inside her room.

And again they started performing mameru

This ritual, unique to a Gujarati wedding, takes place at the house of the bride, usually a day or two before the wedding. The mama or maternal uncle of the bride visits her with gifts of various kinds like sweets, saree, bangle, jewellery etc.

But Kriva doesn't have any Mama so Mr. Ahuja who is also Kriva's maternal aunt's husband did this ritual and gave those things to the Kashyap family.

Kriva hugged Mr. Ahuja and he kissed her forehead and Ruhaan took her in his embrace and whispered that my baby sister deserves everything.

Kriva hugged him tightly and started sobbing.

Ruhaan:- don't cry right now, you have to do that tomorrow.

Kriva hit his chest and chuckled.

Ruhaan:- I specially customised your pithi outfit to go and wear that my princess.

She nodded and went to change.

At Anhay's side he called Aariv. When Aariv arrived he found Anhay serious and put his hand on his shoulder.

Aariv:- are you having pre wedding jitters?

Anhay:- no I'm actually excited to take her with me forever but right now i need your help.