The Tale of Trouble

Sorry for the spacing problems

Chapter I: What the Hell?

Once upon a time, in the deep blue moon sky, a sailboat drifted with a man and a woman. They were in love. The woman bore children, Dennis and Gabriella. Dennis was first in the line of the heir, while Gabriella was last. It did not bother Gabriella; she had more than what the air could contribute to her. She had it all. Every time she took an exam in coding - she passed. Every time she needed to find herself - she passed. All with a useful gadget, the cell phone. At times, this bothered Dennis until it became an obsession, a phobia, perhaps. He was soon diagnosed at the age of twelve with a new diagnosis - technophobia. In the world of science, everyone knows how these tests are made. Hypotheses are made up to prove at anyone's discretion with power. The moon could be argued rectangular if anyone with enough money and power had the chance to catastrophize, but it isn't so because humans have some tendency or decency with the laws of physics to disable themselves in certain unmountable arguments.
    Now, Dennis has aged to 21. Dennis just wanted to go to his simple roots - a fishing rod and a small wooden boat. His dream was to live in the forest - a Waldenesque dream. One day he was supposed to beat all odds with his technophobia and work until he saved up for his dream. But, that was wrong, he supposed. It went against all of his values - values of doing well for humanity.
He had longed for the roots of the caveman times - hunting for women as the women gathered for him, or a woman. He did not believe in polygamy, but in love - a rare thing indeed. But, where was love when he needed it at all times? What was love? Phillia, agape, ludus, pragma, etc. All the Greek meanings of love were strange for him to understand for no one portrayed it openly. He read history books that he loved along with mythology. He was able to make friends left and right, but none of them ever lasted except for Frank. He never trusted any other male, but even Frank was sneaky in trust.
From what he observed in Gabriella's life, he realized that everything in life was an exchange. People only wanted something from him, to gain some satisfaction from him. That is when he receded back to his roots - his caveman mentality, his technophobia.
Dennis found the digital age to be much more incompetent than the previous generations. In previous generations, people battled to create inventions with more words on paper rather than forcing robots to write dreadful poems or artificial images from words of false hope. He imagined himself in the Renaissance Age, able to have his wife, his company, and his endeavors in bartering.
What would he be? A shoemaker indeed, he was flamboyant but not extravagant.
It was a Monday morning when he woke up. What was the point of standing up from bed? For a cigarette, for a cup of coffee, where was his love? He did not have one, yet he was afraid and exhilarated with love. He had a student classmate whom he set eyes on, Tiffany. But, did she bother for him?
He grabbed his bags. "Thank you, mom for breakfast." His mother was a stay-at-home wife who once worked in the tech field of Samsung. She had seen enough with the tech revolution as well, the tracking of data, the finales of unfinished and finished projects knocking down the brain and soul.
"Honey, just be good. Don't be afraid of living life." His mother told him with a warm smile. Gabriella got to move out at an early age with no diagnosis. People tended to trust doctors more than their own children.
Dennis studied finance in college due to his mathematical abilities, but he would rather go surfing in the midst of the waves than go to class. Something never led him down that route - the fear of socialization also overwhelmed him in large groups of abuse. So, he stayed away.
He drove to school in his 2027 Audi A4 gifted by his father, an engineer working for Toyota. He drove down Palm Springs listening to the world's masterpieces at his fingertips - the only good or bad thing from what the music industry gave him. He was listening to "1901" by Phoenix then Mozart and Beethoven with some Debussy.
    Once parking his car by the university's garage, he entered the sterile building of Accounting and Tax, a mandatory class. He saw her again, for an instance, Tiffany. What he would do to be with her - it was a mystery indeed.
He suffered. He suffered immensely. He did not know why. But, suffering came upon him like the wind of the sky to the summer's breeze. He did not want to move forward for what was the sake of moving forward into the unknown? He did not know what would await him.
Be not afraid. Those words came into his mind.
Dennis suddenly felt calamity even if it was a placebo effect.
You see things come and go just like people in the lives of the unknown worlds of one's mind - do we attract them to leave, are we not worthy of them, or does one just not love one's own self?
So, he floated on in the class just experiencing life. He had one thing in mind to be with Tiffany, eyes of pearls and hair of gold. He reminisced the image of her eyes and then completely indulged himself in his work.
Gracie, a short, stout girl with messy slightly greasy brown hair, tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, do you have an extra pencil today?" She said so eagerly. Dennis thought to himself, why does she always bother me?
He grabbed a pencil and did not say a word, passing it along to her. "Thank you, babes." She said with a smile which he did not care for indefinitely. He cringed at the thought of the word babes coming out of her mouth, a deceitful cringe that was interested in those who were giving the radiance of coupling the two as a pair.
The professor started to explain the difference between credits and debits of a journal entry.
Dennis chose finance because he wanted to overcome his fear of technology. He relinquished his thoughts about Tiffany. Tiffany was a trust-fund baby with more than many titles to her name, professional gymnast, former professional cheerleader, former ballet dancer, and honor roll student with long blonde hair, sky blue eyes - everything that he ever dreamed of, yet it was hypocritical in a sense. He was the caveman and Tiffany - he believed was a hybrid. Though, it may seem that these two cannot work together. Some people cannot be changed, and some women follow the man's lead in certain cases. This is not entirely true in the year 2030, but Tiffany was the one to follow his lead. He had this gut feeling hidden in the array of limitations.
"Folks, see you next class." The professor said normally. He was the most normal person you could ever see, a monotone yet high volumed guy who just never seemed to have lived life. The kind of person that never left his hometown, the high school sweetheart, and the August summer child, perfect life and perfect house.
So, Dennis went to the bathroom. The reigns of the world seized for a moment. He was alone. He wanted to cry. He hated Gracie. He thought of her as a rat who could never obey him, and someone who was so hideous that made him hate himself due to that low of a standard. You see Dennis was selfish and immature. He wanted everything his way.