Prologue

For years there has been a tale of a white wolf that comes around every ten years. No one has seen the white wolf since the late Queen of the current Wolf King. The white wolf has only been a female werewolf. It is rumored that whoever is their mate, they become stronger especially if their mate is an Alpha of a pack.

These white wolf females are Alphas.

The air was crisp and moist from the late afternoon rain. Leaves crunched beneath enormous paws as the wolf ran along the border of The Moon and The Ghrian* packs. Leoric Johnson came to a stop to allow himself to catch his breath and to slow his heartbeat as he was nearing the end of his patrol. The moon was bright above him as he heard a twig snap behind him. Glowing gold eyes look around, trying to pinpoint where it came from and what had caused it. The light breeze of summer passed by his nose followed by a scent, making him bare his teeth and allowing a low growl of warning to rumble through him. A group of rogue werewolves surrounded him, circling him like a prey. Leoric darted his eyes around at the rogues, trying to determine which wolf was going to lunge first. The male could handle a group as long as they attacked one by one. If all of them decided to attack him as a unit, he would be in trouble; and attack they did.

The entire group lunged for Leoric as he tried to pick off one at a time. He howled in pain as teeth sunk their way into his haunches and his back. He swiped his paws at the rogues, trying to get them off of him but they held on tight. The male could feel himself start to crumble to the floor underneath the force of the group as well as the pain. As he started to lay his body down, he heard a yelp of pain and a snapping sound of a bone enter his ears. The rogues who had him pinned were being pulled off of him one by one by a gigantic white wolf. The wolf growled loud and long as the remaining rogues ran off. Bright blue eyes look towards him, feeling the power they held as well as seeing it. The wolf was larger than him but was very light on their feet, indicating that it was a female but was also an Alpha. Leoric had never met an Alpha female. The wolf walked towards him and hummed at him in reassurance, telling him that she was there to help and wasn't a threat. The male tried to stand but crumbled once again due to his wounds and the pain. The white beast maneuvers herself underneath him and stands, making him lay across her back. He huffs in thanks before the world around him becomes black.

When Leoric comes to, he notices solid light blue walls around him as well as the sun beaming in from a large window. He also noticed that he had shifted back to his human self and bandages littered his body, mostly on his thighs and torso. Tanned skin was cleaned of any dried blood and dirt. Running a shaky hand through his silky black hair, he hears a knock sound on the door to the room he was in.

"Come in." Leoric watches as the Beta of the Moon Clan, Viktor Cruie, walks in and smiles softly at him.

"I'm glad to see you awake, Leoric. Alpha Vittorio was worried when you didn't arrive back home after your patrol." Viktor walks over to him and stands beside the bed, looking at the young Alpha.

"I was attacked by a group of rogues until one of your pack mates came and rescued me." The male looks to the Beta as the older male's face turns grim.

"I was afraid of that. We have been plagued by rogues for quite some time and our Alpha has refused to do anything about them. Many of our members have become outraged because of it, including our council. His own daughter has been rebelling against his orders as well." Viktor sighs before he shakes his head. "Anyways, enough of our issues. Can you describe the wolf that saved you?"

"The wolf was huge, white as snow and had bright blue eyes." Leoric watches as the Beta's face paled at the description before he clears his throat.

"Forget you saw that wolf. It doesn't exist." Viktor starts to walk towards the door as the young Alpha becomes confused.

"Why? I want to thank them for saving my life." Amber eyes watch as hardened brown eyes look towards him.

"That wolf only causes headaches and unnecessary trouble. Forget that wolf."

==============================

"HOW DARE YOU GO OUT ON PATROL WITHOUT MY APPROVAL!" Alpha Mitchell dashes at his daughter as she writes down a report. Bright green eyes are wild with rage as his long brown hair waved behind him with his movements. He clutched his hands in tight fists at his side as his rebellious daughter growls.

"What patrol? You don't send any of our warriors out on patrol because you don't feel it is necessary to do so. We have rogues destroying our crops and terrorizing our pack members." Bright blue eyes look towards her father as she stands up from the table as her best friend and future Beta, Kilian Cruie, proceeds to ignore the argument in front of him.

"I DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR OUR PACK, KIYAH!" The older male glares at his daughter as she glares right back at him with the same intensity, not backing down as she hears his Alpha tone.

"OUR PACK IS DYING ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR INSOLENCE!" Kiyah watches as her father stares at her in shock at her outburst. "Ever since mom died, you have neglected your duties as Alpha for this pack. Our pack is thinning out and becoming sick. We don't have the necessary things we need to provide for them. Food is becoming thin and rations are not enough to sustain us. You need to man up or we need to ask for help." The female feels a hand come across her right cheek, forcing her head to tilt to the left. She looks at her father in shock as she holds her cheek.

"I AM THE ALPHA OF THIS PACK! WE DON'T NEED ANY HELP!" The Alpha storms off as a growl grips through Kiyah's throat in frustration. 

"He is so infuriating, Kilian." The silver haired female plops down in her seat as her best friend pulls the rule book back out from underneath the table.

"I know. Just need to make sure my theory is correct and this book is helping by proving me right. Anyone is allowed to challenge the Alpha as long as there is a witness from another Alpha pack leader present. Pretty sure you can ask your buddy, Leoric, from our neighboring clan... Wait, he's not Alpha yet, is he?" Kilian looks at her as she shakes her head.

"He won't be Alpha until next week and I highly doubt his father would support me." Kiyah looks towards the door as it opens, showing Viktor. "Hi Viktor. How's Leoric doing?"

"Fully recovered like the Alpha he is. How was your father?" The older male pulls up a chair and sits at the table beside his son.

"The usual. Overbearing and no longer listening." The female sighs and rolls her eyes as Viktor nods.

"Want me to contact Alpha Vittorio for this request?"

"Yes, please. My father refuses to do anything and I'm not allowing my pack members to suffer anymore."

*Ghrian - Sun in Irish