New clothes and shoes

Jennie's scheme had failed and she was filled with envy and resentment. She felt that she was about to vomit blood in anger. “CEO Jeon, please don’t be angry. I will leave immediately.”

She turned to leave the main bedroom in her high heels.

Taehyung watched as jennie went away in anger. He felt invigorated.

Considering jennie's temper, she would definitely tear the Kim family’s roof down when she returned home.

Jungkook glanced at the carpet that jennie had stepped on, in disdain. “Change the carpet. In the future, don’t let jennie into this bedroom again!”

“Understood,” the maid outside the room responded respectfully.

jennie overheard his words on her way down the stairs. She felt herself trembling in anger.

He even removed the carpet that she had stepped on?? Jungkook had really humiliated her thoroughly!

Yet, the more high up in the air this man was, the more she desired him!

She deliberated over the matter. Jungkook did not say he wanted the carpet to be changed because she had entered his room. Perhaps, he was simply in the mood to change the carpet?

As jennie arrived at this conclusion, her heart felt better.

In the Jeon Villa’s main bedroom, the maid quickly replaced the carpet with a brand new one.

Jungkook stepped on the clean fabric and felt his mood lift up.

He sat down on the bed and lifted his hand to check taehyung's forehead. “There’s no fever.”

His gaze held concern as he watched him. “Are you feeling unwell anywhere?”

“No.” He shook his head and leaned back against the pillow.

His heart was warm from the heat of his palm.

“You’ve been asleep for quite some time since returning from the hospital. It’s been a whole day.” He pursed his lips.

“I haven’t slept well in a long time. I wanted to rest for longer.” Toward the end of his previous life, he had suffered from serious insomnia. He truly treasured the opportunity that God had given him to recover his happiness, to live again and to return to the Jeon Villa.

“As long as you’re all right.” His tone was mild.

“Get up then. Let’s go to the living room to eat.”

“Hmm.” He nodded his head. “You go on first. I’ll come down after I wash up.”

Hearing this, jungkook stood up and left the room.

Taehyung's gaze landed on the suitcase in the corner of the room.

That was his suitcase. He had packed it right before eloping with jaewon. It contained almost all of his important documents.

Jungkook must have arranged for someone to bring it here.

He was still dressed in the clothes that jungkook had ordered hoseok to buy for him. It did not fit him well and he wanted to change into a fresh set of clothes. He opened his suitcase. There was a dress that had turned dull from washing, apart from two other sets of old clothes. They were barely worth a few dollars.

The fabric was covered in lint. None of these could be worn before others. But this was all that he owned and it wasn’t worth even a few cents. It was embarrassing to have to wear these.

The Kim family never bought him new clothes. Jennie, on the other hand, was constantly dressed in branded goods. She always had new clothes and her allowance ran into several thousand dollars.