FOURTEEN.

comment! it gets you a mansion and u have to live with your third @ if you don't interact 3x

TO BE HONEST, IT WAS A SNOOZEFEST—the way your kidnappers had tried to drug you, along with the way they had pathetically tried to smash your head in. Or at least, attempted to. You had expected it to hurt a little: to throb the faintest bit, but there was nothing. No indication of pain whatsoever. Instead, you found yourself dozing in and out in the car, bored out of your mind.

Come on. They hadn't even tied you up or thrown you in the backseat. You were almost napping, for gods sake.

"Was he supposed to be a hard target?" You heard one of the kidnappers scoff. Voice changers, you realized. Too bad you knew the exact details of it and you had memorized the very octave and sound of the voice you had encountered once on a mission. Hm, were they the same people trying again?

"I don't know. [Name] is supposed to be a prodigy..."

"Yet he fell for our trick. I knew practicing that KO move would be handy!"

Huh. He practiced? You had to stifle a giggle. A toddler could probably do more damage. Ugh. Was this becoming a waste of your time? You were sure starting to regret getting yourself pulled along—

"I can't believe the Kazuya Corporation entrusted us with such an important mission!" One chuckled, "though we are newcomers. I suppose they really value and see our skills."

Wait...Kazuya? You were stunned. Kazuya?

Kazuya was an underground corporation that rivaled your own one. Unlike most enemies to lovers fanfiction that would end in a passionate lip lock, all this was going to end up in flames, and it wouldn't happen in bed. But really? Were these men so incompetent that they even had to reveal the name of who had sent them?

And most likely, Kazuya Corporation has sent them as mere scapegoats...you had earlier assumed that Jacking Off or whatever his name was enacting revenge, but this...

Oh well. You would still have loads of fun! You cheered up a little, especially after noticing the small white powder they were now planning to swirl in a cup. Poison, obviously. Were they going to offer you that drink? You were quite thirsty.

The radio played as the car rattled along the streets. The journey wasn't exactly a pleasant one, but still smooth, nevertheless. If you were back home, you would have been lazing between two gigantic pillows with soft Mitski music playing in the background. Instead there was the monotone murmuring of some boring news playing that had the voice of someone who would fail at ASMR badly.

"And we have Dream who insists that the allegations are not real, and that he's being targeted by malicious people..."

Ew. That was your immediate sign to squeeze your eyes tighter. If this was torture then it was working emotionally somewhat. It would take a lot more to break you—perhaps watching Cirrus and Skyler break up (they would marry and have four job non existent kids, you just knew it) would be close, though.

"Hey, how much will we get from the job again...?"

"I don't know. 100,000 yen? Not a lot, but still decent..."

"Gehlee Dangca has been such a flop lately."

Oh, no. They didn't just insult her. Hello? Your favorite person on Universe Ticket? Did they just scoff at her? Like they were pouring fuel to the fire, they had the guts to continue: "and what has been with Stray Kids's latest comeback? It's so bad..."

Your eyes narrowed. Your fingers clenched. Oh, you were so getting back your revenge. You had planned on releasing some anger that had pent up after Jin's annoying little cooking class, but heck, you would have been lucky not to—