Secret of Ishaan?

Arya:

As we stepped off the London Eye, a sudden wave of dizziness washed over me. I teetered, but Ishaan’s firm grip steadied me.

"Are you okay?" Ishaan said, and suddenly I felt as if his voice was filled with concern for me. Did he care for me? Am I expecting too much from a person who is himself a mystery?

"I asked if you’re okay. Not to daydream while holding my hand,” Ishaan quipped, and Kiara chuckled.  Why do I feel something suspicious in her laugh?

“Perhaps she was testing you, Ishaan,” Kiara said.

“What?” We both blurted out simultaneously. Ishaan’s gaze bore into mine.

"I mean she pretended to be unwell to see your reaction," Kiara said.

"My mom doesn’t play games,” Eira defended me instantly.

"My mom usually gets dizzy whenever she takes a ride on such wheels," Eira said.

"You should have told that to me before going for the ride," Ishaan chided, gently.

"It's okay. I don't want to disappoint you people for me," I said.

"Okay. Walk slowly. There's no hurry."

Ishaan said, holding me carefully. I tried to walk but again I felt uneasy. Ishaan glanced at me for a while and scooped me up in his arms, surprising me and shocking Kiara.

"Ishaan, this is a public place, and this kind of stunt is strictly prohibited!" Kiara said, masking her jealous with a playful touch of comedy

"Arya is officially my wife, and she's not well now. Taking care of a sick wife is the responsibility of a true man. And I pay no heed to the curious gazes of the passersby lingering on us," Ishaan said, moving forward with me cradled in his arms. I looked at his face with a smile, feeling the warmth of care from someone for the first time. Everyone says Ishaan cares for none and is completely commercial, but I think he has many hidden versions that no one noticed until now. Could I crack this puzzle and mend the fragments of his heart into a masterpiece of love? Could I bring the hidden emotions and love out from the heart of this rockhearted person?

Ishaan carefully placed me on the seat of the car and gave me water. He drove off to a restaurant and ordered food for us.

"Arya, what do you want to eat?" Ishaan said.

"I don't want to eat anything now. I still feel uncomfortable because of that ride," I said.

"Eira is much better and strong than you. Don't you feel that you are behaving as a baby?" Ishaan said, with a mischievous smile on his face, trying to tease me. I pouted, but seeing Kiara's reaction made me laugh.

The waiter brought the food they ordered, and Ishaan offered me juice.

"I don't..." I stopped my words seeing his seriousness.

"Have it," Ishaan said with a strict tone.

"You will feel better."

I drank it calmly, glancing at my unpredictable husband who was behaving so differently towards me this evening. Is he acting for Eira, or is he genuinely caring for me? Before I can feel happy, he will do his best to ruin it by reminding me that I only deserve tears.

As we reached the home, Ishaan said,"I will be back in a few minutes. Freshen up and rest."

He then went to Kiara. I thought of sleeping, but upon hearing my name from Kiara, I tried to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Ishaan, aren't you being more caring towards Arya?" Kiara said.

"Kiara, Arya already knows well that I have no feelings for her. I also know very little about her except that she was in an abusive forced marriage and struggling to save her daughter. Whatever the situation is, this marriage is merely symbolic for us. She understands that and has no expectations from the marriage or me," Ishaan replied.

"What if Arya develops feelings for you because of your excessive care?"

Ishaan didn't speak for a while.

"Ishaan, tell me. What if love starts from that side."

"No one can fall that easily for a Devil like me unless they want to get haunted and find no way to escape. So, Arya would never try that," Ishaan said, chuckling where I felt pain in his words. Is he really a Devil? Why do I feel something different?

"But I did," Kiara said, making my heart skip a beat.

"Yes because you know everything about me whereas Arya doesn't know a single thing."

"Why did you marry Arya when you said no to me?"

"Because she is not you," Ishaan said.

"What do you mean? Do you mean I am not suitable for you?"

"I mean I am not suitable for you because I can't love anyone. Arya is living for her baby and she never loves me. She is not even ready to accept at least my touch, so she will never expect anything from me. And she doesn't know the bitter truth about me. Once she comes to know, she will never fall for me. In your case, you have a happy life and I don't want to ruin it by dragging you into this loveless wedding with me."

"How did you know that she is uncomfortable with your touch? I know you won't force her because I know you won't get such romantic feelings for anyone."

I didn't understand what Kiara meant. I heard that Ishaan has affairs and he enjoys one night stands. Is it not true? Why did she say that Ishaan won't get such feelings for anyone? Is something wrong with Ishaan? Is he......? No, I don't think so. But what do Kiara words mean?

"I felt that she was uncomfortable with my proximity. So I pretended to get a bit closer to her to know her opinion regarding this marriage. She clarified that she was not into me and very uncomfortable with me and my touch," Ishaan said.

"But that may be because of her troubled past marriage. She may heal one day or another. And then she may expect something from you, and that's not wrong as you are her husband. But she doesn't know that you can't give her that one thing as a husband. Or will you try that too as a husband's responsibility?"

"You know well that it never happens. If she really expects that from me, I will end this marriage, freeing her to choose the one who can fulfill her wish," Ishaan said, shocking me.

Is he thinking of marriage as a simple thing to end whenever we want and choose anyone for our desires? What's Ishaan’s problem, and why is he talking that way? Is something wrong with his health or anything else? Is that the reason for marrying me, so that he can get a daughter Eira? My head ached hearing their conversation, and I went off to my room as I couldn't bear it anymore.

Hi readers, what might be the problem of Ishaan? Ishaan has a secret, and Arya has secrets. Why did Arya's mom mention her as Dhairya on the call? Could the knot stay strong inspite of all these secrets and misunderstandings?