- Prolouge -

I ran while the leaves rustled under my feet. my breathing short because of how little air I could regain. The forest was dark, it was only the beginning of a new night... yet I was here, with my friend, looking for something she needs for her studies. Of course I couldn't just simply let her down... I'm her closest friend after all.

"White Lily Cookie...! Wait up! you're going too fast...!"

I call out in a shaky voice, in hopes that my friend would stop for me.

"Come on Pure Vanilla Cookie! We're almost there!"

My breathing was at a fast pace, I felt like I couldn't breathe. How did I end up here again?

"White Lil-"
Before I could speak another word, I suddenly feel my feet tumble underneath me,  making my breath catch as I fell to the ground with a Thump!
I slowly sat up, my clothes now covered in dirt, and my knee bleeding out of a scrape. My breath hitched as propped my knee up to look at the injury.
Holding back tears, I held my scratched knee with my scrapped hands... if only I knew how to heal properly I wouldn't be in so much pain, but I still have far ways to go in learning.
"No... no no no... not now... not here..."
I whispered while my lips trembled, the cold wind only making it worse, I'd only let a few tears stream down my cheeks.
White Lily Cookie was probably far gone by now, deep in the dark forest. She's always been curious, finding new things to discover, to study. I was simply always there to help, I would never want her to go alone, let alone get herself hurt...

More tears streamed down my face while I curled up into a ball, just waiting for my dear friend to come back, awaiting her to realize I was not there behind her anymore.  Why was I like this...? So sensitive... so weak... I don't understand... why can't I be stronger?

Why am I so useless?

I continued to let more tears fall, my nose now all stuffy, and everything else turning numb. Why was I here... was I really needed for anything? Anything at all?

Rustle rustle

I'd look up quickly, peering my head up due to hearing the noise coming from in front of me... from the bush.
"W-who's there...?"
I'd mumble in a quiet tone, still holding myself in a tight squeeze, my tears slowly dried. At least I stopped crying.

Rustle rustle

A hand slipped out of the bush, and so did a cookie, but I didn't seem to see any of their features due to how dark it was. I paused, looking at the hand in front of me... wondering if I should just take it or not. instead I just grabbed their hand, hoping that trust was enough, and letting them hoist me up off the ground with ease. For some reason it felt like I couldn't let go of their hand, their hand felt cold... yet it was the best feeling I've ever felt. I could now see a glimpse of the cookie in the moonlight, shining through the trees. I stared into their eyes... a dark purple, both of the shimmered like amethysts. Their skin was like a silky brown, and their hair... it was long and black with a few white streaks, put up in a pony tail... they even had bangs in the front.
            It was like I was staring at the most beautiful cookie I had ever laid eyes on. But this just made me question more... who was this mysterious cookie.. and why were they here? I don't even recognize them... and I know almost everyone!

Slowly but surely, they let go of my hand, I blushed slightly as I smiled, making sure it wasn't visible that I cried. The cookie didn't even smile back... but yet... I could swear I saw red tint appearing on their face. 

I opened my mouth to speak, to at least say thank you, but I was stopped by a sudden hand on my shoulder. I turned around to only see my friend, White Lily Cookie.

"Pure Vanilla Cookie, I thought I lost you! Are you ok?" White Lily Cookie spoke quickly as she scanned me to make sure I wasn't damaged. I smiled slightly, trying to hide my pain. "Yes I'm alright... nothing serious." I mumbled as I sighed. White Lily Cookie gasped, holding onto my hands while she looked at my scrapes. "Oh my... Pure Vanilla... you're terribly hurt! We have to go back to the village..." White Lily mumbled in a concerned tone, lightly trailing her fingers over the scrapes on my hands. "I'm really ok White Lily... someone helped..." I paused my sentence once turned around to look at the mysterious Cookie again, but they were gone, out of sight.  "Someone helped what?" White Lily Cookie questioned while she looked up at me. "Ah... nevermind." I mumbled, now frowning.
                "Hey... it's ok Pure Vanilla Cookie... for now let's go home and rest, we'll do this tomorrow." White Lily spoke with a warm smile, making me slowly smile too, feeling warmth once again rise up to my face. "Thank you White Lily... you're too kind." I mumbled back while I held her hand in mine... her delicate fingers wrapped around my hand.... It was quite soothing as always, but it only made me think about that mysterious cookie again. I still wonder who that was... maybe I'll get the chance to meet them again.

Soon enough we both walked back to our village in the beautiful night, hand in hand, close together. Nothing could ever get better than this... if only it could last forever, If only...

- End of Prologue -

Word Count - 973