Prologue | 0

There was the silence of a thunderstorm throughout the outskirts of the town, far- far miles from civilization. Nothing was heard but the gentle rain and pounding thunder, until-

A piercing scream echoed into the mountaintops, a woman's voice, despite how weak and weary, shouted a pain unknown to man.

Her legs shook and her knees trembled as she lay on her cot, fingers gripping so hard into its bedding that it was torn to shreds

Her legs shook and her knees trembled as she lay on her cot, fingers gripping so hard into its bedding that it was torn to shreds. The bottoms of her clothes were discarded and tossed aside in hopes of easing some of the unknown pain in her abdomen that stretched low into her ground shaking all of her body.

As her screams heightened, so did the storms. The rain and thunder beating at an unseen rate, the monstrous noise enough to bait the sleeping townsfolk into hiding. The stray dog the woman kept clean and fed was nowhere to be seen, hidden away from the storms and agony. Every primal instinct in its flesh and blood begged and cried to 'flee' to 'turn tail' and never returned, yet it stayed, in fear of what may become of its blind, miserable companion.

Her dull grey eyes, once a vibration green, were sullen in and sagged, now dry from the many tears it was no longer able to produce. The cuts, bruises, and tears that made up her body were beginning to strain as the mass effort put into keeping her alive and conscious ate away at any attempt to heal them. The pain in her abdomen spread to her legs, creating a lack of feeling due to its power and her earlier injuries, causing them to go slack. That fact reduced her to lying on her stomach with her legs spread apart, the position being a last-ditch effort to ease or alleviate some of the strain. Her mouth dried and screams started to fall limp as even her voice cords threatened their demise. The last bit of saliva was drained from her mouth as the only thought on her mind was of her death, the pain leading her to believe her organs would rip and fall out of her body.

As she listened to the storm and the last of her screams, she turned her aching heart upwards, using the last of her breath to cry out; "My God, my God, forgive me. Save me from this demise, I beg of you."

And just like that, the storm quieted. The pain ceased as it came to its climax. Her body fell limp and weak as she imagined the fact that her organs were drained of her, the small tears in her eyes were little more than an apology of her disgrace. As the world went silent and her eyes began to close, a single noise, started as small as a flame, flickered into existence.

A small, feeble cry of an infant.

This story is about the blind mother of Medusa

This story is about the blind mother of Medusa. The struggles the mother will face, the gifts she is given, and eventually the story of her daughter and what's to become of her.

I've had this idea for a while, though I am just now getting around to writing it. I have not written in a long time, so I cannot guarantee that it'll be any good.

I thank you for reading this regardless, I hope that you'll enjoy it. My goal is to make you feel something, whatever that may be. This story will be on my interpretation of Medusa, I don't know any actual mythology or story of the Greek Medusa. I just had this idea and wanted to write it. If something may seem wrong or offensive, that goes for all aspects, let me know. I mean no harm, I just wish to tell a story I have in mind.

 I mean no harm, I just wish to tell a story I have in mind