Whatever It Takes

As the six kids ran over to the graveyard, Ashlyn felt something pull at her braid. It was not one of her friends.

Ashlyn POV

I screamed when I felt something grab my braid and pull me back. 'Shit.' It was one of those things where it all happens so fast that everything goes dark for a split second. The last thing I remember seeing was Ben holding Aiden back while he was screaming my name.

I woke up in the Clark household, where we were staying until we figured some things out. As soon as he saw me, Aiden ran and hugged me, and I could feel him trembling. 'Why is he shaking so much? I didn't even get injured too badly. Right?'

Aiden POV

As the ginger jolted up, I ran and hugged her as tight as I could. I knew that I was shaking, but I really couldn't care less. As long as she was okay.

"Ashlyn," I whispered in her ear, still embracing her. "I'm so glad you're alright." "Me too."

"Next time, I'll protect you," I said. "Whatever it takes."

I'm sorry this is so short, but I'm doing this at midnight and don't have the energy or braincells to do much more.

There is no specific update schedule, so if it takes long, I am most likely trying to catch up with school.