𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠

It was an ordinary Sunday afternoon during fall. The days grew shorter and colder. Furthermore, it was raining that afternoon, so the two boys didn't exactly feel like going out. They chose to stay in their room, to relax before having to go back to work the next morning.

For them, relaxing was cuddling under the sheets, with the sounds of rain and their favorite songs playing in the background.

XiaoMing at that moment had his usual whipped gaze as he admired the beauty of the red haired boy in his arms. And YongLing returned the intensity of that gaze, at least for a few moments. Then it became too overwhelming for him, and he lowered his eyes.

Unfortunately for him, the blue haired wasn't about to let him go.
He cupped his face in his hands, lifted it so their eyes locked again, and then left a short peck on his lips.

Needless to say, after that brief contact, YongLing had already blushed, making XiaoMing chuckle, now even more in love than earlier.

A few seconds of silence, followed by a simple call.

«Sunshine?»
«Hm?» he mumbled, to make it clear to his lover that he was listening to him.
«Do you remember our first kiss?»

More silence, YongLing had widened his amber eyes and his cheeks were even redder than before.
He certainly didn't expect that question.

«And who could ever forget that?» finally he answered.

XiaoMing smiled, hugged him tighter, resting his face on the other's chest, and then said «Of course, who could forget the way you turned away to cover the blush on your cheeks after we broke the kiss.»

That comment surprised the redhead even more, who would have preferred to forget his embarrassment. The only thing he could do was whisper a «Xiao-gege. Shut up
«Why should I?» answered the other.
«Because it was… Embarrassing, I didn't want to react that way, but I wasn't ready to have your lips on mine either. It was too… Sudden, I didn't expect it.»
«Hm. Yet I wouldn't say your reaction was embarrassing, I would call it very cute. And very like you

After that comment, YongLing's face had turned the color of his hair. XiaoMing had always been better than him with words. And though he was at least partially used to it, he fell in love a little bit more with each sentence.

«Cute? It was my first kiss, you probably thought it was weird and looking back it wasn't even that perfect. It was just a brief contact full of embarrassment.»
«What if I told you you kissed so well even back then?»

YongLing did not answer. He simply closed his eyes and brought his hands in front of them, sighing slightly.

At that point, XiaoMing moved away from the other's chest, supporting the weight of his body with his forearms and towering over the red with his shadow.

Noticing that the light from the chandelier no longer reached him, after a little YongLing took his arms off from his eyes and opened them.
This time, despite his embarrassment, he maintained the eye contact, a different emotion painted on his face, a mix of insecurity and self-disappointment.
XiaoMing hated that expression.
«A-Ling.» he called.
The red didn't answer yet again, but his eyes remained locked into the other's ones, so it was obvious that he was listening. And so XiaoMing continued.

«Stop underestimating yourself. Only you fail to see what a wonderful person you are. And I know very well that you don't believe me when I compliment you or remind you how much I love you. But I don't care, I will keep reminding you how important you are, until you finally believe me. And I really think no one can beat the way you kiss me, because no one else is you. And you may also find an endless amount of flaws in yourself, but in the end I love your flaws too, because they make you human and they make you who you are. So please try not to listen to all those voices that keep you from loving yourself. You are perfect just the way you are. Okay?»

YongLing listened silently, or at least he tried to. Already halfway through the speech he felt the tears come out of his eyes, and by the end of it they flowed like rivers, soaking the sheets of their bed.

XiaoMing tried to stop them, but they didn't want to. The redhead's sobs filled the room.

He really couldn't understand how someone could love him so much, not someone like XiaoMing. Handsome, sweet, selfless, talented in everything, he couldn't see the bad in people, he almost never got angry, nor did he judge the mistakes of others. Sometimes he looked like an angel who had come down from heaven to save him from himself. He was too much for someone like YongLing, or so YongLing thought. And despite this, he was still there to reassure him, to stop his tears and to hug him softly.

And so that afternoon ended with the redhead asleep in the arms of his lover, with the ghost of those tears still noticeable on his face.

Word counter: 872

🎉 Hai finito di leggere 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 - 𝑬𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝑽𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 🎉