Extra money

“I will transfer the money as soon as possible to you, as promised.” Byungho looked at him searchingly.

He felt that this young man was very mysterious, but he did not seem to hold any ill-intentions toward him. “Mr. Kim, you asked both of us to remove the batteries from our phones. Could it be that the person who tampered with my car is someone close to me?”

Taehyung was expressionless. Trying to get information out of him wasn’t an easy feat.

Byungho's expression was serious. “I’m sure that news of my accident has already spread. If they are after my life, it’ll be much easier for me to find them after they have let their guards down. You’re trying to help me, right?”

His tone was certain.

Taehyung nodded. “After interacting with Director Choi for a bit, I feel that your character is good. I wanted to make life a little convenient for you. Take it as a greeting gift from me.”

“This greeting gift is invaluable.” It wasn’t as simple as the sincerity of the apple. Byungho looked at him knowingly. “You seem to know more about this.”
“Not bad.” taehyung did not deny this.

“Right now, I’m sure Director Choi is most interested in the identity of the person pursuing your life. You have two choices. First, you can use your wealth, human resources, energy and abilities... and conduct all sorts of investigation. Of course, this will be a costly task. Second, you can take the easy route and buy the information from me. Of course, this will also be a costly deal.”

Byungho smiled bitterly. “I’ve been in the business world for more than half of my life and have offended countless people. Too many of them are after my life. It is indeed difficult for this old fox to investigate this matter.”

He looked at him seriously. “Since Mr. Kim already has the information, why don’t I directly buy it from you. Please state your price.”

“300,000 USD.”

Byungho had barely managed to escape unscathed today. If it wasn’t for the boy in front of him, he would already be dead.

For him, money was not a concern. “No problem.”

Byungho waited for him to speak, yet he did not.

The atmosphere became somewhat awkward.

As an experienced man, byungho quickly reacted. “Mr. Kim, are you afraid that I will go back on my words?”

His gaze was somewhat unhappy. “This Choi one will never do so. You will receive the money which I have promised you, without even a single cent missing. Right now, my phone is turned off and it’s not convenient for me to turn it on. Otherwise, I would already have transferred it to you.”

Taehyung was unaffected. “I naturally believe in Director Choi's promise. However, I have my own principles. If someone has paid after owing a debt, it is naturally alright to lend them more. But your previous debt of 150,000 USD hasn’t been paid yet. I hope you can understand. Everyone has their own difficulties, and I too am currently facing financial difficulties. I believe that your private account should have some money. Since your phone cannot be used at the moment, you can use mine to access your internet banking.”

After all, he owed him several hundreds of thousands.

No matter how powerful he was, or how influential his family background was, it was better to be firm when asking for payment.

This time, byungho was the one to fall silent.

Taehyung smiled. “You are also guarding against me. Are you afraid that I’ll hack into your bank account?”