Owe me a chance

Byungho passed on taehyung's exact instructions to his son. He then returned the phone to him and said sincerely, “Thank you for your help.”

“I’ve accepted your payment. This is what I should be doing.” Taehyung placed his phone in his pocket.

At this moment, a chorus of hurried and firm footsteps could be heard in the hallway. With a loud noise, the hospital door next to theirs was kicked open.

Taehyung stood up and approached the corridor. He saw that hoseok was standing outside the room adjacent to theirs.

Jennie's voice could be heard from inside the room. “Why isn’t taehyung here? Is he hiding in the toilet? I’m going to go look for him!”

“Where is he?” Jungkook's cold and sombre voice could also be heard.

“CEO Jeon, who are you looking for?” jaewon asked politely.

Jennie responded with a smirk. “Who else could it be? Of course we’re looking for taehyung.”

“Taehyung didn’t come by...” Jaewon tried to explain.

Jennie immediately cut him off. “Jaewon, don’t bother lying on taehyung's behalf. You’re being discharged today. My third brother is in love with you to the point of obsession. How could he possibly not come to pick you up? Besides, I clearly watched as he took the elevator to come up to the third floor. He’s been here for a long time. I waited downstairs but he never came back down.”

Jungkook's cold voice barely concealed his anger. “Jennie , who told you that taehyung is in love with jaewon to the point of obsession?”

“Of course it was taehyung himself...” Jennie spoke naturally as though that was to be expected.

“Oh?” taehyunh approached jaewon's hospital room.

In a calm voice, he said, “Second Sister, why don’t I ever recall telling you that? Each time you open your mouth, you’re full of nonsense. Did you eat shit on your way here? Why does your mouth stink so much?”

Hearing this, jennie's face contorted with anger. She wanted to refute him but paused. Instead, she pointed at taehyung in excitement. “CEO Jeon, look, he’s here! I didn’t lie to you.”

Jaewon was fully convinced that taehyung would come, but still pretended to be surprised. “taehyung, you shouldn’t have come.”

Hearing his words, one would naturally assume he was here for him.

Jungkook's expression darkened. He gritted his teeth. “Taehyung, how could you let me down like this?”

“When have I ever let you down?” Taehyung also started to look angry.

“How do you have the face to ask such a thing?” Jennie immediately began reprimanding him. “Third brother , CEO Jeon treats you so well. How could you meet up with jaewon behind his back!”

Taehyung entered the room and delivered a firm slap to jennie's face.

“Pa!”

The slap resounded loudly in the room.

“Ah! You actually dared to hit me.” Jennie held her cheek as she glared harshly at taehyung. She almost charged ahead to beat him up. However, her gaze flickered toward jungkook and she changed her mind.

Instead, she began crying in an aggrieved manner. “CEO Jeon, tae is always like this. He’s barbaric and unreasonable. Even though I’m his older sister, he is always bullying me. I didn’t want to play the role of a bad guy here, but I really could not stand watching him betray you...”