𝗖 𝗵 𝗮 𝗽 𝘁 𝗲 𝗿 ⁴⁹

★・・・・・・★

★・・・・・・★

Back at the mansion, I carefully laid Ju on his bed and covered him with his favorite Pokémon blanket, the one he loved more than anything

Back at the mansion, I carefully laid Ju on his bed and covered him with his favorite Pokémon blanket, the one he loved more than anything. I chuckled as he snuggled into it, mumbling some gibberish as he drifted off to sleep.

Feeling a sense of contentment wash over me, I couldn't help but reflect on the fear and heartache I experienced when Ju disappeared earlier. I couldn't bear the thought of him being away from me.

Whenever I looked at Ju, I saw a child full of brightness, laughter, and innocent enthusiasm. He had a way of bringing joy to everyone around him with his cheerful chatter.

As I gently caressed his small baby hairs, memories flooded back to me of a time when I had a similar smile and peace in my life.

Past:
Author's POV.

"Ashley—"

"Yes, Mom?" a young 12-year-old Ashley responded.

"I told you not to come downstairs, and you still disobeyed me," her mother gritted her teeth, her hand tightening around Ashley's collar as she pushed her back down to the floor, the impact echoing through the room.

Ashley cried out in pain, tears streaming down her face as her mother's words cut deep.

"The day you were born was the worst day of our lives. I don't know why you were born from my womb. I wished that day you had also died in that accident, but you survived to burden me and your father. We could have had a perfect baby boy, but you survived and took our son away," her mother's venomous words pierced through Ashley, leaving her trembling on the floor, her heart breaking with each cruel word.

"I wished for the best, but I got the worst," her mother sarcastically laughed, her words laced with disdain, crushing the dreams and hopes of the little girl on the floor.

A little girl who once had dreams, hope, and a smile.

But they were snatched away, ruined by the ones who were supposed to love her.