Days and Dives

It had been 4 years after the battle that ended Alva and Rump. The kids were out for summer now, with school starting back up again in 2 months. It was a quiet morning for the Cobblers, Anna was at FTRS and the other children were in daycare meanwhile Gilly was upstairs getting ready for work. Having your workshop be literally downstairs from where you sleep has its perks.

Gilly put on her plain black dress and apron with her usual ponytail and boots. She worked in the shop with her father and mother, laughing as her mother spilt more shoe polish. "My goodness, we are so fortunate that it's cheap," her father laughed. "Oh come now, it was merely an accident" her mother scolded.

Gilly loved hearing her parents laugh together, thinking about how their love worked through thick and thin. "Oh dear I forgot the sponges upstairs" Eva said. "I'll go with you to get them, Gilly watch the shop" Hal instructed. Gilly was counting up the receipts from the past week's purchases and then heard the door chime jingle.

"Welcome to Cobbler's Shoes, how may I help you?" Gilly said, sounding a little too hyper. "I was wondering if you've seen a girl, a little short and with a lot of attitude" the boy answered. Gilly turned around to look at this kid and jumped up when she saw him.

"Jax?!" She ran into his arms and held tight. "How have you been?" She said with excitement. "Pretty good, I'm just wondering if you wanted to come hang out with me, I'm in town all day" Jax smirked. Gilly turned to see her parents, who had just gotten downstairs and were now a little confused as to why Gilly was clutching her best friend so tightly.

"Good morning, your highness" her father said. "Good morning, sir, I was wondering if I may take Gilly on a walk around town today" Jax asked Hal. "I don't see why not," Eva responded. "Perfect I'll go change" Gilly went upstairs with Jax right behind her, Gilly's parents a bit confused as to why he had to follow her.

Jax had been in Gilly's room before, now that she had her own room, and had gotten quite used to just sitting while she got ready. He always sat in her dorm room while she got ready at FTRS so he didn't consider it a problem, he was respectful and never looked.

"I can't wait to go to town, I've been in this boot for an entire week" "Me too, the castle is not fun when you're the only kid not going to RA." Gilly changed into a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a dark blue skirt that went to her knees, and brown boots. She took down her ponytail and tied back some pieces with a dark blue bow.

"I'm ready to go" she announced and Jax was swift to get back up and go downstairs. "Alright I'm leaving now, bye mom bye dad" Gilly departed with Jax and once they closed the door she took his arm. "Where should we go first? Pinocchio's Theatre, Fairy Cove, Combing the sea?!" "How about we go for breakfast first, thief?" Jax laughed at her excitement.

"How's Ollie doing? I haven't heard from him much" "He's doing quite well but is at sea". There goes another crew member busy for the summer. Kayla, AG, and Maxine were visiting their hometowns, Jocelyn was on a trip with Harlow, and Jack was in Cloud City. Being a crew on summer break was rough but at least Jax and Gilly had each other.

"We can go to Humpty Dumpty's House of Breakfast" Gilly proposed. "Why would he serve eggs if he's one himself?" They both laughed and made their way to  the HOB. As they entered, Gilly leaned across the counter and Jax stood right behind her, waiting for Gilly to give their order.

"Hello, what can we getcha?" An ogre with a raspy voice appeared and was in a hurrying mood. "Hi, can we get the egg splatter and the all the kings horses meal? With two medium hot chocolates?" Gilly ordered and Jax took out his card to pay. The orge's eyes widen at the sight, shocked to see the infamous card that only royals had.