29

Bella was getting more and more pregnant, but Edward had been missing. She assumed he was ignoring her or he was with Ivy. Ever since Ivy had turned, that's all the Cullens would talk about. They LOVED Ivy, even Rosalie, who hated most people. Ivy had them all wrapped around her finger, or at least had them thinking about her. Since Ivy was a human, she was perfect. Bella had been so jealous, it made her want to turn even more. 

Bella only ever saw Edward when he came by to see her, he didn't text or call like normal people. He usually just came to see her. And it had been a week since he came to see her. The most she got was a brief conversation about how she's feeling, or small talk.

 He was probably off hanging out with Ivy, Bella had thought. He marries her, told her he loved her and he leaves her for some random girl that just happened to die in front of his family home. 

She would probably be stupid for thinking this if she wasn't almost right on the money. The only thing was that Edward wasn't hanging out with Ivy, he was stalking her. Of course, you can only do so much as a vampire so he had to be really far to go unnoticed, but he had been doing it for a week straight. Carlisle had instructed him to do so, and he also had some strange curiosity with her ever since he turned her, but it's really just the Alpha effect. Vampires are just more drawn to an Alpha. Ace had explained this to Ivy. Alice had explained some things to them. She told them she saw some courses for Ivy's future.

"The Volturi are asking to meet her, you have to keep her safe before they snatch her." Carlisle explained quietly to Edward. They all knew it would be over if they ever found out that she was an Alpha. 

Ivy saw Jacob around all the time, whenever he was around the house she tried to avoid him. This time, she was tending to Bella, who looked like a skeleton. Bella was mean and curt to her, she didn't understand why. Bella sat by the couch, holding animal blood in her hand and drinking it like it was Starbucks. Edward sat beside her, holding her. Ivy was on the floor, she had an airy black dress which covered her knees. Jacob was on the other side of the couch. 

"How are you feeling now?" Ivy asked Bella. Bella shrugged, "I'm okay."

She stood up, her cup falling to the ground, as she bent to pick it up, her back made an unnatural and chilling noise. Ivy stood up, eyes wide and rushing to her aid. Something inside was telling her that Bella was in labor. Everyone crowded Bella, trying to help in anyway they could. Ivy rushed to get Carlisle and the two men held her. 

The baby was coming.

It had been a long few hours, all Ivy could hear was Bella's screams of pain as she went into labor. 

The screams made her anxious, and she kept spacing out to the visions of black fur again. Alice and Jasper were with her, the three of them sat outside to be away from the smell of Bella's blood. Jasper looked like he was about to explode. 

"It's okay, my love." Alice soothed her mate, petting his head. "Ivy, I think Jasper and I need to go for a walk, maybe away from here for a bit. He can't stand it." 

Ivy nodded, her mind was still blank and messy from the sudden vision of Sam. "Me too. I- I'm gonna go for a walk." She stood up with no expression and walked away from the house without anyone accompanying her. Edward was too busy to keep an eye on her as he was helping his wife give birth. Nobody was around. 

She found herself walking closer and closer to a familiar place. Some parts of her life before dying was missing and she couldn't recall some things, but she remembered how happy this path had made her. She just couldn't remember what it was. In the distance was a small house that looked like it belonged to a trailer park. Parked outside of the house was a 1969 Chevrolet Impala in pristine condition. She swore she heard her own laughs from a past life echoing through the trees as she set her eyes on the house. 

The lights were on, and there was smoke coming out from out back. Someone was home. She could sense it herself. She remembered suddenly.

Sam.

He was behind her, he was shocked. Ivy couldn't even believe it herself that she was here.

"I'm not stalking you." She spoke. 

"I don't care." He replied. She noted in her mind that he looked terrible. He actually looked sick. 

"I'm sorry. I don't even know why I'm here."

"Where's Jacob?"

"Bella's giving birth right now. He's with her."

Sam sucked in a breath, "Oh. Is she okay?"

"I don't know. The smell of her blood, it's too much for me." 

Sam ignored her words, he wanted to forget she turned. "Do you want to...come in?"

"No." She replied almost immediately. Sam looked down at his shoes, nodding. Why would she want to come in? 

"Yes...." She sighed, "Actually, I do." Sam's face lit up, his mood had changed immediately. When they went inside, Ivy sat on his worn-out sofa. She sat in a way that took up the least amount of space possible. They sat in silence for what seemed like forever. Ivy put her head in her hands.

"I just...I need a place to breathe. I can't do that with Bella in that condition at home. I can't breathe around that house right now." 

Sam nodded like he understood but he didn't really. He just wanted her to be okay. He hadn't actually even thought about it until now, but Ivy was here. In his home. She went to him, voluntarily. 

"Ivy. I missed you." Was all he could really muster out. "I mean - I told you that before the last time we saw each other...but yeah, I really, really fucking missed you." He said with a voice crack, his own words almost made him cry. 

"I know." She replied. "I realize now I'm gonna be alive forever, and all I do is just think about what happened with us. We didn't even get to be together."

Sam chuckled, "I remember I stupidly asked you to be my girlfriend." Ivy tilted her head, "Why is that stupid?" She asked. 

"Well, because you didn't want to be my girlfriend." 

"That's not true." 

"It's not? Y-you wanted to be my girlfriend?"

"Yeah - till you killed me."

The room fell silent, "Ivy, I just want to tell you how sorry I am, still." She cut him off short, "You don't have to tell me you're sorry, I can see it on you right now."

"I'm still dead if you're sorry. I'm still a monster that kills to be able to survive. You already said it once, I'm happy with that apology. I wouldn't be here if I just wanted an apology."

"Then why are you here? If you don't mind me asking." 

Ivy shrugged, "I was walking and walking, just to get away from Bella and all that, you know? I ended up here. I don't even remember the road here, I kind of just...walked where my feet took me. I just remember being really happy here." 

Sam smiled at her words. "You can stay here as long as you want." He blurted out. Ivy let out a small smile. "Thank you."