Prologue

Vote and comment, and I'll update this story.

----------------------------------------------

Prologue

----------------------------------------------

Abby grabbed my shoulder, pulling me to the side and speaking in hushed whispers.

"I need you to take these to chancellor Jaha." She explained to me, handing me some documents.

I raised an eyebrow, wondering why she was being so secretive, and shook my head.

"Abby, you know I can't. I have to perform surgery on one of my patients in a couple minutes." I replied.

"I'll do it for you. You're the youngest person in the medical ward and no one will suspect you, I need you to do this for me." She said, stressing the need.

Sighing, I give in. "Yes, ma'am." And with that, I'm out the door and looking for the chancellor.

About five minutes of me walking around, I turn a corner to see the chancellor, but that's not all that I saw. There was a boy with curly black hair and tan skin wearing a guards uniform, pointing a gun to the chancellors back.

"This is for floating my mother." The boy said, and with that, pulled the trigger.

The chancellor went sprawling to the ground with blood pooling around him, and I screamed a high pitched scream, soon realizing my mistake and covering my mouth, but it was too late; I was found out.

The boy turned around to look at me, thinking that no one was around.

He started walking toward me and I held the documents up before throwing them at him. As soon as the papers left my hands, I was turning in the opposite direction and taking off, or at least, I would've, If there wasn't another guard standing there.

The guard that shot Jaha came up behind me and pulled my arms behind my back. I struggled and writhed, but it was no use, I wasn't known for my strength.

"Shumway, what do I do? She saw everything." The guard holding me asked.

"Take her with you. We can't afford witnesses or two dead bodies." Shumway answered. At the mention of two dead bodies I jumped and kicked, but like last time, it was no use. "Now go! The drop ship is about to launch!"

The guard holding me nodded and pulled me with him through the empty hallways until we got to a large steel door that was in the process of closing. Grabbing hold of my upper arm, he started running, running and pulling me with him. I pulled against him but it didn't work, and at the last second he jumped through the door, pulling me through with him. I released a scream, thinking the door was going to close on us and shut my eyes tight.