1. October 11th

As the sun shined in my face and wind blew in the trees on this cool autumn day, I am met by an overwhelming sense of wonder. I look over to my best friend who sits at the head of his table with his stunningly pretty girlfriend who is pregnant with their first child sits on the other end. Surrounded them on both sides of the table lay family and friends who await the gender of this new bundle of joy we will welcome to our family. I stare into the overwhelming abundance of the sky as everyone around me awaits the release of the balloons that will reveal the long awaited gender. My best friend Kamari grabs my shoulder and gives me a little shake, effectively bringing me back down to the earthly plane. "Aye man you ok?" Says Kamari as I look at him with what is surely a blank expression. "Yea man I'm all good, just excited is all," I say to Kamari trying not to sound superficial.
"Well you can't be as excited as me, I been dreaming about this day for a long time" says Kamari with a cartoonish like smile on his face. I give a smile as his mom gathers everyone's attention to her.
"Well everyone the time for waiting is over," says Ms. King. "The balloons will release in 3.. 2.. 1." The balloons released in a very melodramatic fashion as they revealed that the gender will be a boy. Kamari runs over to Sabine and gives her a kiss and hug as tears run down both of their faces. I get up and hug them both, congratulating them on being blessed with a son. They thank me with tear stained eyes and I told them that I had appointment soon and I had to leave but I will be back to celebrate with them. They nod and thank for coming as I head my way out the door and the bus stop. I get on the bus and I don't head to an appointment because I have none. I headed home which is 4 hours away in Liverpool. I look out the bus window as I leave my hometown of London with one thought in my mind. "Will my life always be incomplete?"