Chapter 21 - The consequences of our actions

(This was quite fun to write)

(Longest chapter so far as well)

(Hope you enjoy)

Colin

"Yea bears are indeed annoying to get a hold of."

I find myself once again in the crook of Felicia's curled body. Always sitting like a cat, she is. I'd say, I could get used to having a dragon as a friend. Her room is decently lit. Well decorated. More than I would have imagined. Not that I would have. Never believed dragons were real until Felicia showed up at my doorstep.

Always had silent hope though.

She continues, "We treat them like you would cake. A very nice treat every once in a while."

I chuckle. Been a good while since I've had a nice cake. I haven't had one since I left my parent's house. My parents... They're probably worried sick. In fact they probably got the police looking for me. But do they know about this predicament? If they do we could be in trouble. And what of Felicia? I don't want to see her going through wild science experi-

"Colin?" Felicia pulls me from my wild train of thought, "You good?"

I rub the bridge of my nose, "Uh- yea, yea. Perfectly fine."

Her face told me I am not a good liar.

"Colin please be honest with me," She moves her head so it's a few feet away from me, "We're friends. We look out for each other."

"Just our current... Situation. Even if we get out of this you'll still be hunted by bad people."

She remains silent, her face shifting into one of concern.

"And me? My own government might be after me right this second. Who knows what they'll do?"

I rub my eyes with the palms of my hands, "I just don't truly know what to do Felicia."

I feel her nuzzle my shoulder, "Live in the moment Colin. I don't want my only friend calculating the future all his life. We will pass that hurdle when we get there."

I just smile and rest a hand on her snout, giving it a little rub. Her face suddenly contorts. And in a manner I very much recognize. My eyes go wide right before the loudest sneeze I've ever heard knocks me to my back. When I feel something on my face I attempt to wipe it off. Accept I quickly learned it was mucus.

I groaned in pure disgust as Felicia was laughing like she's the joker.

"Oh I'm so sorry. Haha!" She couldn't stop laughing.

I frown, then smile, confident my eyes gave away my intention . When she wasn't looking I grabbed the edge of her wing and used it as a towel. The leathery material somewhat removed the uh... dragon snot.

"H-hey!" Felicia yelled through her laughing, "That's not a napkin!"

I end up getting whacked in the face by the same wing. Lucky me it finished off the job with that. Face felt as good as new.

"Oh you're fine" I just swipe an arm in her direction.

She huffs and was about to say something before an audible buzz sounded through the room. However what Felicia didn't know was the vibration I felt in my pocket.

My eyes widen and I quickly pull my phone from my pocket, almost dropping it in the process. How do I have a signal? Tower got booted up or something? When the phone turns on I feel my heart drop. My disappearance has finally gone noticed. 18 missed calls and 48 messages. The latest was... from my mother.