31

Ivy and Sam hadn't talked since that night, nor had he seen her in the woods since. Ivy let the Cullens do their thing and bond as a family. She didn't speak to Bella or Edward. She let them have their perfect family time as she stayed in her room all day like she used to when she was a human. When she couldn't take the boredom anymore, she left to her grandfather's.

Edward kept himself busy with his daughter and Bella, whose personality had done a complete 180 after the attack on Ivy.

Renesmee was a handful, she grew so quick in the span of a few months it worried all of them. From a babbling toddle in May to a walking, talking little girl in December. His family wasn't the only thing on his mind.

An Alpha and the one that turned them have an irreplaceable bond only broken once one of them dies.

What he felt about Ivy was strange. He didn't really care much about her when she was a human. Edward would space out when he was with his family, like he was hypnotized. He looked like he was stuck in a trance. Bella, who observed Edward's every move and word, noticed he would fall silent as the family spent time together. He seemed like he wasn't all there.

During these times, he would see flashes of Ivy, sometimes he'd even hear what she was thinking. Once, he heard her think about leaving forever. He could hear her beat herself up. He could hear her hate herself, curse herself. Curse Sam.  She'd even cry and he'd hear it. Though they were only brief moments, he could even feel her agony.

Many months without the blonde-haired, sharply-dressed vampire made Ivy feel more misunderstood in her whole life.

Even if she lifted her finger to pick up a book in the living room, they would be watching her every move. She could feel they were afraid, because they didn't understand her.

She stared at the book in silence, Emmett was sitting on it. She didn't speak.

After a while, he began to wrinkle the paper up and tear at the hardcover seams as he shifted in his seat during conversation. Her eyes glued to the book, she failed to find the words to tell him to move.

"Emmett, you're sitting on Ivy's book." Edward chimed in, Renesmee sat on his lap, playing with a doll.

Emmett stood up, "Oh, my fault, Ivy. I didn't see."

"Um, that's OK. It's not a big deal – really." Ivy quietly replied, she didn't want to be heard. Emmett handed her the book, smiling with his teeth. Bella clung onto Edward, Ivy swore she loved Edward more than their daughter. Ivy wanted that kind of love. It wasn't love. She wanted blind devotion.

Ivy refused to look in their direction, she had seen what Bella did to Jacob when she found out he imprinted on her.
She was afraid of that same wrath.

Jacob was always around the house since he imprinted on Renesmee. She also didn't understand why the couple still let him see their daughter if they didn't like the fact that he imprinted. Ivy wouldn't care at all if he didn't walk in almost always smelling like a wet dog.

Ivy was on another walk. She had just hunted with Alice and now she was feeling fresh. Every time she went on a walk, she would see a large, black figure with a long, scruffy tail watching her from afar. He would be accompanied by a few smaller wolves sometimes.

She saw young Seth and Leah a lot. They had joined Jacob's pack.

"Hey, Leah." Ivy greeted. Leah grunted. "You know, since I don't eat. I've got a lot of time to cook for you guys. I used to be a good cook." Ivy made her way down the porch and threw a brown paper bag at her.

"Catch!"

Inside was a packed, still warm beef brisket. The smell flooded her nose, Seth came running towards them in wolf form, he whined.

"Oh, Seth! Got you one, too!"

Ivy pulled the whole piece of meat out of the bag, then she tossed it in the air for Sam to catch and devour. He ate it all in one swallow, of course.

"Damn, sorry, I didn't realize how much you guys actually eat." She chuckled. "Will definitely bring more next time."

"Thank you." Leah was curt and polite, but her distrustful eyes stayed glued on Ivy. She would never come inside the Cullen house, let alone interact with any of them.

"I'll make something different tomorrow. And more meat, right?"

"Hmm, yeah." Leah cracked a small smile, the smallest smile. But Ivy noticed it.