1⚜️

She pulled out her pocket watch and looked at the time, midnight. She sighed and lay her head back against the side of the saloon. Happy birthday Elora, she silently said to herself. Another year celebrating alone, if you can call it celebrating, she pushed herself off the ground and stood up, a little dizzy from her consumption of maybe a little to much whiskey. 20 years old, how the time has flown, yet crept by. She's been alone going on 10 years now, something she doesn't enjoy thinking about. She walks back towards the doors of the saloon, the music and voices getting louder as she approaches. She steps back thru the doors, the saloon was full of drunk men, a couple woman stood around, attempting to seduce the richer drunks. She looked around, eyes landing on a small group of men in the far corner of the bar, she hadn't seen them around before. She studied them for a bit, one had dirty blonde hair, a strong jaw, handsome for this town. The next man was a bit younger, tangled brown hair, he seemed bored sitting there. Another older gentleman, he had a kind look in eyes as he watched the commotion around him. The last was a tall man, Raven black hair, he was adorned in a red vest with gold chains, a hat sat atop his head and many rings on his fingers. Her eyes lingered on him for bit, something about him was terrifying, yet intriguing. She watched him lift his glass to his lips and take a big drink of the dark liquid. He put the glass back down and before she knew it his eyes were staring back into hers. She blushed and looked away quickly. She went over to the bar and waved the bartender over. "What can I get ya miss?" He asked. She was about to speak up when a voice interrupted her. "She'll have the finest glass of whiskey you stock." She turned to look and it was the man from the table. She felt her face grow red. He smiled at her as the bar tender handed them two glasses. He slid over a few coins to the bartender. "Thank you" she said quietly. He smiled. "Names Dutch Van Der Linde and may I ask what yours is Miss?" She looked at him and smiled "Elora, Elora Rawlins" she said with a smile. He grabbed her hand gently and lifted it to his lips and gently kissed the back of it. "Pleasure to meet you my dear". She blushed again and looked down. "I don't think I've seen you around here before Mr. Van Der Linde." He looked into her eyes and it made her heart beat a couple beats faster, his eyes were dark brown, and quite serious, they made her nervous. "We are just passing thru the area" he said as he took another drink from his glass.   She studied him for a minute, before taking another drink from hers. "What brings a pretty lady like you out on a night like this" he says as he uses his hand to gesture around the full bar of drunken men. She looked down, "nothing really." He looked at her again, "you know, I have a special skill, and that is knowing when people are lying to me" she looked into his eyes and sighed. "It's my birthday" she whispered. He let out a laugh and she looked back up at him, "why are you keeping such a special day a secret" he asked. "Just don't usually celebrate it much I guess" she replied. Well tonight we are, drinks on me, he said, taking her hand and kissing it again. The night was long, but it was fun, she met the other men at the table, Arthur, John and Hosea. The conversation and drinks kept rolling and finally Elora realized how drunk she was. She stepped outside for a breather and Dutch followed her. "They stood in silence while she breathed in the night air and he puffed on a cigar. She pulled out her watch and looked at the time. "I better get going" she said, turning to him. "Thank you, for the drinks, and making it a wonderful birthday for me" she smiled. "It was my pleasure Miss Elora he said, grabbing her hand in his again. "Maybe one day I'll see you again" she said to him. "I would like that very much my dear" he said as he kissed the back of her hand one last time. He let go and she slowly made her way down the saloon steps and down the road. Dutch's eyes on her until she was out of sight.

                                      ~~~~~~~~
She awoke the next morning, feeling the dull ache in her head. She slowly sat up and smiled. Remembering the night before, and how it felt amazing to not be so alone on her birthday. She looked outside and the sun was high in the sky. She checked her watch and it was after 12, she quickly scrambled to get dressed and rushed outside her little house. She ran over to the stable and saw all the work had already been done. She felt her face burn and her heart speed up, she slowly walked to the main house on the property and the farmer was sitting on his chair cleaning his gun. She walked over to him and cleared her throat. He looked up and his gaze fell on her, harsh and heavy. "You didn't do you work this morning, and I saw you coming in late last night, could barely even keep yourself upright" we have rules here, and you know we do. "I'm sorry, I just...it was my birthday and I lost track of time". "Don't care what day it is, you know the rules. You can need to have your stuff packed and be gone by tonight." She looked at him with wide eyes. "Please sir, I'll do anything, please! I have nowhere to go!" He looked her up and down and stood up and came down the steps. He eyed her a little, "anything?" She gulped and nodded her head. He had a disgusting smirk on his face and he grabbed her arm and pulled her into the house. Her heart kept pounding as he pushed her down onto her knees. He undid his belt and let his pants drop. She stared at him in disbelief. "You said anything, bitch, you either suck it, or you can go live in the gutter like the trash you are". She slowly moved towards him, shaking, she couldn't be homeless, she didn't know the first thing of living that way. She closed her eyes and tried to send her mind to a different place.

                               ~~~~~~~~~~~

She sat by a creek that went thru the woods. Staring, tears falling down her face. Her horse Adaline munching on grass nearby. She couldn't believe what she'd done. His words when she was finished echoing in her head "you'll do this whenever I ask, whore, my whore, you'll do as a please, or you'll be out". He gave her a good hit before she left, leaving a good bruise forming on her cheek and the taste of blood in her mouth. She shook her head and opened her book, hoping the novel about adventure and love could take her mind off things. She tried reading but it didn't work. She walked over to Adaline and gave her a pat. Her creamy colored coat looking fresh after her brush out earlier. "Let's go for a ride" and jumped up into the saddle. She didn't care how far or long they rode, she just wanted anything to clear her mind.

                                 ~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks had went by, her deal with the farmer still going. She could feel herself shutting down more and more, as her disgust in herself grew. The bruises on her body from his hits when she didn't do it the right way, or if she wasn't around when he decided he wanted it. She was glad for one thing though, he didn't want more than that, her innocence still intact. Her mind wouldn't let her sleep so she got up and dressed and headed out to the saloon. It was another busy night by the looks of it. She went inside and got her a drink, one turned into two, two into three and so on. She didn't realize how drunk she was until she stood up for some fresh air, the room spinning circles around her. She made her way outside and to the alley, not wanting to be around all the people standing on the porch. She took a deep breathe to stop the spinning and as she went to turn around she felt heavy hands shoving her into the wall, her head smacking hard against it, making her vision even more blurry. She tried to say something or even yell but her voice refused to work. She felt a hand come up to throat and than she felt herself being dragged farther into the alley. She was thrown on the ground, smacking her head again, trying to regain her senses. She tried to stand up but felt a foot shove her back down. She felt her body being rolled back over so she was on her back in the dirt and mud. The body of her attacker was on her now, one hand holding her arms above her head and his leg holding hers to the ground. "I told you , we have rules, and when I want what I want, you give it to me." She was screaming inside, but she couldn't do anything, overpowered by the farmer. "Now I'm going to take a little more from you." He said as she felt her dress being being pulled up and her undergarments being yanked to the side. She heard him taking his belt off and felt him between her legs, she spit on him, the only thing she could do. She was petrified, the only thing belonging to her and it was about to be forcefully taken. He brought his hand up and hit her in her face, harder than she's ever been hit before. She felt her nose crunch and felt the blood gushing out. She couldn't scream, she couldn't even fight. She clenched her jaw waiting for the inevitable, but before it happened she felt the weight being lifted from her. She opened her eyes and saw the farmer being thrown a good couple feet away. She heard the blows landing on him, and his pleads for it to stop. They didn't stop. She finally heard a gruff voice. "Dutch, stop, he's dead!" Dutch, she thought. That's when the tears started, the breakdown, the pain, all came out. The sobs wracked her body, making the pain she was in worse with each cry. She felt something warm being wrapped around her and than she was lifted from the ground. "Careful Dutch, her heads split pretty bad in the back." She felt him pull her tightly to his body. "You're okay now Miss Elora." Dutch whispered to her. She felt herself being transferred to new arms, and than transferred back. "Arthur, you said you know where that farmer lives?" Dutch asked him. "Yea, been watching that asshole for weeks. She felt the jolt of a horse move and made a noise in pain. It's okay Elora, you are safe. "Go get her stuff packed, bring her horse, and burn that damn farm" Dutch growled. She heard hooves take off and arms grip her a little tighter. She closed her eyes, not being able to overcome the darkness surrounding her. Dutch looked down at her, his heart hurting for her, but his mind hazy with anger. He didn't know what that man was doing to her, until Arthur mention the many trips into his home at all hours of the day that she took, wether it be on her own or being dragged against her will. He took a deep breath, spurring The Count to pick up pace a little, her nose was for sure broke and the gash in the back of her head was gushing blood. "We will be there soon Elora, stay with me" he said, as they rode into the night.