Dream Husband

Arya:

The way Ishaan is treating me filled my heart with happiness. After the nurse gave me a sponge bath, Ishaan approached with a comb.

“Sir, I will get madam ready,” the nurse said.

“I’ll comb her hair. She has an injury on her forehead, and I want to be gentle,” Ishaan replied.

He carefully began combing my hair, and I winced slightly from the pain.

“I’m sorry. Did I hurt you?” Ishaan asked, concern in his eyes.

“No, it’s okay. It’s common,” I reassured him. He continued combing my hair with utmost care, making sure not to cause any discomfort. Then he helped me get ready.

As he struggled to change his own clothes, I observed him closely. His determination to do things independently was evident, but his eyes betrayed the pain he was feeling.

“May I assist you?” I offered.

“No need. I don’t want anyone’s care or help,” Ishaan replied, pulling on his shirt. Despite his words, I sensed his vulnerability.

“I’m going out for about an hour. Rest until I return. Avoid going downstairs and unnecessary arguments with them. And starting tomorrow, Eira will be going to school.”

As he stepped out, I glanced at his photo on the side table. This seemingly arrogant man had revealed a caring side that intrigued me. Each facet of his personality drew me in. Would he accept my feelings if I revealed them? Perhaps I shouldn’t have compared him to Varun. Once I recover, I’ll do my best to convince this arrogant man filled with care, love and sensitivity.

I was resting at home when Ishaan came back and looked at me.

"Ishaan, I'm okay. Nothing can happen to me in an hour," I said.

"Be quiet. I'm not worried about you. I'm just making sure you didn't run away while I was gone," Ishaan said sarcastically. I made a face at him. The maid brought me some milk.

"Ishaan, I don't want milk now. I just had juice," I said.

"That was two hours ago. Drink this milk now."

"Please, no."

Eira giggled at my expression. She and her dad always tease me.

"You need to get better soon. Then I can handle you. So drink this," Ishaan said with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm just like Varun, right? So I have to please you by acting like him or you'll be unhappy."

I drank the milk to avoid his further scolding.

In the night, He lay down next to me and I put my head on his chest to sleep.

"Move," Ishaan said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You know why," Ishaan said.

"You didn't mind when I slept on your lap that day. Why now?"

Ishaan didn't answer and tried to move me to the pillow.

"Ow, that hurts," I said pretending that he hurt my forehead which was injured already.

"Does it hurt? Fine, do whatever you want," Ishaan said and let me sleep on his chest making me happy. After a while, he started to stroke my hair thinking I was asleep. I enjoyed his care.

I was still recovering from the incident that almost took my life. I was lying on the bed, reading a book, trying to forget the pain and the fear. I heard voices from outside the door. It was Ishaan and his mom. They were arguing again.