Chapter 1

The day was November 27, year 2001. Jennifer Stephenson was reaching the end of the pregnancy, only a mere 16 years old. Jennifer started the day strong eating breakfast and watching tv with Zachary Steele, the father of the child. Suddenly Jen began to feel aching pains that then proceeded into agonizing pain. Rushed to the hospital she discovers she's in labor.
     Waiting for a room she calls her mother (Yvonne Stephenson) and her mother in law (Laura A Steele). As Yvonne gets there they are wheeling her back to her room. In the room the doctors get Jen hooked up to Ivs and set up a heart monitor to keep track of the baby. The nurse says the doctor will be in momentarily, as the doctor walks in. She checked how dilated Jen was, around 5.4cm. Knowing that the couple would be having a child soon they had to think of a name. Zach suggested Evelan, although it was a beautiful name Jen had another in ponder. Jen begun  contracting now dilated to a 8 she knew that soon she'd have her baby in her arms. Life as she knew it paused as she experienced every pain and ache of the birth.
    Around 1:20a.m. Guinevere Lynn Steele was born, 5 lbs 5ozs 18inches long. A small baby, but a very loved baby. Life as Jen knew it was worth living just for a brief second she had a purpose. Yvonne walks in just returning from grabbing a couple board games from home. She had intended on having a long night. Yvonne was then brought to shock to see her first grandchild here, already. A couple days later the family goes home. To the blue house on 15th street.
    A couple months later Jen and Zach break up ending with Jen leaving. Grabbing just the essentials but leaving behind her baby. Laura knew she had to take care of this small infant. Her son wasn't ready to grow up and be a father and Jen wasn't around anymore.
   The years went by like seconds, Laura couldn't slow the clock down enough to catch every small moment. Every glimpse of Guinevere's childhood felt like a cloud. Clouds however are not always white and bright. There were some days that the storm struck some hard cruel rain.
   Guin was around 4 years old uncle dough boy came to meet guin and catch up on old times with his friends (Larry Steele and Laura). Sitting on the porch reminiscing on old times they begun talking about the dead. Dough boys father had died 15 years prior, as Laura's mother died 10 years prior. Understanding dough boy had missed his father Guin then chimed in with "I can talk to the dead." Dough boy surprised at what he had just heard he says "prove it, talk to my father." Guin walks around to the corner of the fenced in yard and begins talking.