32

The whole room was silent and somber, listening to the tune of Edward's song on the grand piano. Beside him sat a young girl, beaming at her father.

Ivy stood in the corner, smiling to herself. Life was good. She was forgetting Sam, or at least hoping to forget him. She was focusing on her family. No Ace, no distractions.

The sound of a vase shattering made her flinch. Alice had a vision.

"The Volturi, they're coming for us." She announced, voice shaky.

"Aro. Cauis, Marcus, the Guard...and Irina."

"Why?" Carlisle asked, she had never seen him look so scared before. She had never seen any of the Cullens be so scared before, even Bella. Alice and Jasper held each other like they were going to be separated forever. Emmett hugged Rosalie from behind, who seemed like she was about to freak out. Ivy was the only one who hadn't seen the Volturi. She didn't assume they would be so corrupt.

"What did Irina see in the woods?" Edward questioned, worry spread across his face.

"We were just walking." Bella explained. She really wasn't sure why Irina was so startled.

"Ness was catching snowflakes." Jacob added.

Ivy was just as confused as Bella. Edward came to a sudden realization, it was obvious on his face. "Of course..." He trailed off.

"Irina thinks Renesmee's an Immortal child."

After Carlisle explained Immortal children to Ivy and Bella, they all tried to gather as many people they knew as possible. She didn't realize how many laws and rules the vampire world had. Ivy hadn't turned anyone yet, so she also felt like she was missing out in that aspect of being a vampire.

It had been a few days and after much planning, Carlisle and Esme were getting ready to leave and catch a flight to London to seek some friends, if convinced, they could become witnesses.

"At least we get to go to London again," Esme told Carlisle as he smiled in reciprocation. "We haven't been there in a long time."

Rosalie and Emmett would look closer to home while Jasper and Alice were nowhere to be found for the whole day. Bella and Edward along with Jacob and Reneesme would make their way to the Denali coven.

Ivy was packing a few clothes in a duffel bag. It was enough for a few days. She was getting ready to go to Egypt and inform Benjamin, who had become a dear friend.

"Alright, let's get this show on the roa... " Jacob trailed off as he saw a familiar, large man walk up to the Cullens house. He looked at Ivy, who had already noticed it was Sam. She stopped packing immediately and stood still, she looked anxious, biting her lip and twirling her hair in her fingers.

Everybody began to make their way down to greet Sam, everyone except Ivy. Unmoving, she began to panic in her mind.

"Ivy, come with me." Edward beckoned her over, he tugged her by the arm, gently. "You'll be alright. Just...talk to the man."

Ivy nodded, following the Cullens outside.

Sam's eyes met her as soon as she stepped outside, his eyes trailed down to Edward's hands still wrapped tightly around her arm.  His body started to feel hot in anger. "Hello, Ivy." He greeted right at her. Everyone around anticipated for Ivy's response. "Hey." She replied. Even though his heart felt a little sting, he pursed his lips and took out a small piece of paper from his pocket. He handed it to Carlisle.

"Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night." He informed.

"Carlisle." Esme called out, waiting for an answer.

"They've left us." Carlisle announced, detested and somber.

"Why?" Rosalie demanded, Emmett had his hands in his pockets, eyebrows furrowed. Carlisle looked back down at the piece of paper, scanning it again.

"She didn't say." Carlisle trailed off, "Well, we should give Ivy and Sam some space. Come on, everyone. We should all get going soon, anyway."

Ivy walked down the porch. Sam stood there, frozen. Turning into a vampire truly made Ivy even more beautiful than before. Her striking golden eyes looked up at him.

"You probably heard whats been happening."

Sam nodded, he inched closer and closer towards her.

"Ivy. I'm going to fight for you."

"I don't think there'll be any fighting according to Carlisle –" Sam grabbed her sides, she tensed up. "Ivy, I don't care. My pack will fight and I promise to stay by your side for this." He assured. "I want to."

Ivy nodded. Sam's lips trembled, he couldn't contain himself. She was too damn close to him.

Ivy's lips curled into a soft smile as her posture relaxed, seeing the look of longing on his face. Her arms slithered around his stomach as she interlocked her fingers. Sam was shocked she was returning his affections, so he wrapped his strong arms around her tightly. Ivy would have been lying if she said she didn't miss this.

"I might have failed to protect you before, but I won't let it happen again. You have my word." Sam spoke, lips still wobbly. Tears started to fill his eyes, he looked up, refraining them from spilling.

Embracing Sam was a strange feeling. She was introduced to a new sensation again, warmth.

"I missed you, Sam." Ivy breathed out, words barely a whisper. She touched her forehead with his, Sam let out a chuckle. "I can't believe this is happening to me right now." He admitted. Ivy feigned annoyance and jumped up on her tip toes, giving his a passionate kiss.

Their lips locked effortlessly as if it was all too familiar. Ivy smiled, she ran her fingers through his hair and he caressed her cheeks, a strong arm pulling her closer by the waist.

When they pulled away from each other, Sam couldn't help but examine her face. She was extremely enchanting, golden doe eyes looking up at him, her small lips slightly agape as she stared at his face in awe.

Ivy ended up going away to convince Benjamin and Kebi to come as witnesses. It didn't take long for them to agree and she had been back in a week. Sam waited for her the whole week in agony. It always seemed like she was unavailable right after they reconcile. He wanted to be around her all of the time. It was his goddamn imprint for crying out loud.

He waited for her by the Cullens' porch. "Sam!" She laughed as she ran up to him. She looked up at his face and black fur and blood flashed right in her eyes. She gasped. Ivy stood paralyzed and panicked.

He picked her up, biceps lifting her in the air by her waist as she feigned happiness. Ivy found it in her to brush the dark memory away and kissed Sam, it almost made her forget about it. Her dark, brown hair glistened in the sunlight, almost as shiny as her glittering skin.

"Hey, baby." Sam greeted. She introduced Sam to Benjamin and his mate along with Amun and his mate.

"Never would have guessed your mate is a shapeshifter." Benjamin said, shrugging. "It makes a long of sense now that I think about it. It's very you."

Eighteen vampires in total responded to Carlisle's plea for help. Their thirst for human blood complicated the situation. Ivy felt jealous, she wanted to know what it felt like to drink human blood.

Ivy spent the night at Sam's. He cooked himself dinner while she lounged on his recliner, watching TV. "You scared about what'll happen?"

Ivy shook her head, "I'm an Alpha vampire. What will they even do? They would commit suicide if i commanded it. I'm not worried about the fight. I'm worried about the others and if they'll make it. I'm worried about you, too."

Sam laughed, "You forget I'm an Alpha, too. Just know that I'll be by your side." He took her hand in his.

"Now and forever."