[1] The marine yard.

~~~~

Zoro glares at the blonde marine, "Put it down," he grunts. He wanted to be calm, but he couldn't help himself when he saw that brat holding Zoros precious white sword and tossing it around like a toy of some sort.

"Oh, this?" He chuckles, his spoiled rotten voice ringing in Zoros poor ears. Zoro quietly growls, pissed off.

"Enjoy these seven days," Zoros scowl turns into a small mischievous smirk, "Cause once I get down from here," he continued, "You'll be the first one dead."

"When you get down? You think my father's gonna let you go?" The blonde marine laughed, glancing back at the marine to the right of him before looking back at Zoro, his smile turning into a threatening glare, "You are going to die in this yard."

And with that, Zoro was left on that cross for a few hours more, his arms started to hurt and it was getting harder and harder to ignore the overwhelming feeling of hunger and the dryness in his throat.

The sound of metal clanging startled Zoro, even though the only physical reaction he had was to glance at the, now opened, vent a bit further away from him with wide eyes.

He saw a thin straw-hat-wearing guy climb out of the vent, looking around for a moment before his gaze landed on Zoro.

The guys smile widened, his natural fangs making him look like some sort of cat as his eyes shined.

"Hey, you're that guy from the bar," the guy said, his slight Spanish accent obvious. Zoro internally rolled his eyes, his gaze hardening from annoyance.

"Get lost," Zoro groaned, "I am... lost," the guy replied, looking around, "I'm trying to get inside the base."

He paused, looking over at Zoro, "Hey, I saw the way you fight. How did they even arrest you?" He tilted his head slightly like a confused little puppy, however, Zoro was not amused. Okay, fine, maybe he was a little amused. Just a bit.

Zoro sighed, "They didn't," his gaze shifted towards the floor, "I gave myself up."

"...Interesting choice," the boy nodded his hesd slightly, Zoro couldn't help but feel a little offended, "I'm sure you had your reasons."

Zoro scoffed, "You don't know anything about me."

"I know that you protected that little girl from those marines last night," he responded immediately, stepping closer, "You're a good guy."

"...I'm Roronoa Zoro, the pirate hunter." He said, as if it was obvious.

"And I'm Monkey D. Luffy," Zoro liked the odd way Luffy pronounced his own name, "and I will be king of the pirates,"

After a small bit of convo and Luffy being clueless, Luffy untied Zoro, seemingly not expecting anything in return. Oh, fuck that. This Luffy guy was a pirate, he obviously wanted something in return. Maybe money? For Zoro to join his crew? Maybe-

"Hey, can you close this behind me?" Luffys voice interrupted Zoros thoughts as Luffy jumped down the vent, popping his head up for a quick moment to say "Thanks!", before going back down.

Zoro stood there cluelessly, what the fuck was that?..

That 'Luffy' guy was one interesting kid. Hell, he wasn't even sure if Luffy was a kid.

~~~~
539 words
Short chapter, yippee!!
Just an intro, a bit too canon perhaps..