𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒

CHAPTER TWELVE
Yet Another Loophole

Preston and Elena arrived at the Salvatore Boarding House. Elena had convinced Preston to help her pick out balloons since it was Bonnie's birthday.

    "You wanna give us a hand, please?" Elena asked Jeremy.

    "A little busy here." Jeremy grunted.

    "Okay, fine, then you are on decoration duty. Mainly because I don't trust Preston's decorating skills. It's Bonnie's birthday." Elena told him.

    "I know what today is." Jeremy responded.

    "Then you know how she'd want us to spend it. She would have wanted us to celebrate by cooking her favourite food, watching her favourite movies." Elena replied.

    "So we're throwing a birthday party where the guest of honour never shows up. That's not depressing." Jeremy sassed.

    "Or we could celebrate you going to art school. Oh, wait, we can't because I found your application in the garbage." Elena said, making Jeremy sit up. "Why didn't you tell me you were thinking about going to art school?" Elena asked.

    "I'm not. The only class I'm passing is study hall. They'll never let me in." Jeremy explained.

    "Jer, I've seen your portfolio. You're good." Elena told him.

    "It doesn't matter. I'm not leaving without knowing if Bonnie's okay or not." Jeremy responded, set on his decision.

    Elena looked at Preston, hoping she could talk him into it. But, the two went inside the house to find Damon staring at the cupcakes. Preston smiled, grabbing one.

    "You know Caroline is gonna kill you, right?" Elena wondered.

    "I'll come back, don't worry, Lena." Preston kissed Elena's right temple. Then she started eating the dessert.

    Preston pulled Elena into a kiss, then an annoying voice broke it.

    "Hello."

    "No." Elena denied. "That's impossible, because why would he..."

    "He didn't. He's all merged, he's packed and he's on his way to Portland." Damon answered Elena.

    Preston crossed her arms as she looked at Kai.

    "Whew. I forgot how massive this house was. Yum, cupcakes. Sorry, am I interrupting something?" Kai asked Preston and Elena.

    "The hell are you doing here?" Preston questioned.

    "Funniest thing. I need your help." Kai said, holding up a letter.

    Elena stood up after Kai said it was to Jo.

    "Why would we give a letter to Jo? I can't find her using a locator spell. And, you know, good on her. 'Cause under normal circumstances, I'd be super jazzed to gouge out her belly button." Kai said.