Drug Down

.
.
.
>TRANSMISSION START
.
>POV SET TO: [NAME]_[LAST NAME]
.
.
.

The crowd surrounding the door encourages the employees to start to pry the door open. Their concern soon turned into aggression. Aggravated at me for taking up the bathroom for so long, and destroying the lobby in the process of urgently trying to reach the bathroom in time.

My shoelace is tied to the chair I pried free from the lobby floor and wedged between the handle of the door.

The pain in my stomach and smeared blood on the tile floor made it almost impossible to get up. I laid on that cold tile floor, waiting for my blood to dry up enough to stand steady on.

If any of those people broke open that door right now, they'd find me, eyes wide open and bloodshot, heaving and twitching on the floor.

Hoisting myself up proved itself to be less of a problem now that the ground was less slick with my blood. Thankfully, I managed to slide myself into the big stall while I was scrambling to get in here in the first place.

Looking into the mirror was a mistake. It was me, most definitely, but I had dirt smudged above my nose bridge and my eyes just wouldn't blink- only doing so manually.

But the biggest change would have to be the large and jagged branch-like antlers sticking out of my stomach. Painful to the touch would be a misconception. I didn't feel any pain other than cramps in my stomach.

I reluctantly decided to check the damage that was dealt to me by that rampaging stag. As I lift my shirt, dried blood mends my damaged skin to the soaked shirt. The shirt comes off finally with a few crusty cracks. 

My wounds had… mended shut? They weren't healed, that's for sure. I can still feel the internal bleeding, threatening to drown my lungs. I blink rapidly to chase away the blur in my eyes.

By the looks of it, my skin was actively trying to push out the antlers. Around the antlers, my skin seemed to decay itself, turning surrounding veins into a visible black and bluish-purple mess.

I pry away from the mirror and take a look at myself. My body was rejecting the antlers, every minute that seemed to pass was another centimeter that tried to exit my body. At this point, an hour had passed since I was first attacked. The main beam was already halfway through me.

The bangs on the door suddenly became louder, like they had found a bigger, heavier item to throw at the door.

…But behind the ramming, more muffled sounds could be heard. There were no loud rambles, they had been replaced with screams, and… the sound of hoofs clinking against the metal handle.

Flashing lights began to pour into the tiny window above the toilet, blue and red ones. And just to make it worse, people outside the window began to shout as well, but by listening closely, and shutting out the loud door bangs… they didn't seem to be yelling at me.

Rather, they were yelling at some man, who had pulled a gun out of his truck and was “causing a ruckus in the street”. The man gradually became more and more angry.

A loud gunshot sounds off before the small window is busted open, shattering glass on the already disgusting floor.

“Stop resisting! Put the gun down and step away from the truck!” The cop's yells are muffled now that my ears are directly geared toward the large mammal that just busted into the bathroom.

Just as I suspected, it had come for me. It was indeed the stag that had attacked me. The top of its head looked like it was bashed in. It immediately flopped onto the floor when it got the door open, flicking its legs back and forth, unable to lift itself with all of the brain damage it must have caused itself trying to get in.

Out of rationality at this point, made me think it was a good idea to get on top of the toilet and jump up and crawl through the damaged window.

The large stag is still flailing on the ground by the time I get outside. As I ease myself away from the sharp glasses, I catch the attention of an officer.

“Stop right there!”

The young-looking cop points the barrel of her gun in my general direction, but clearly aiming for somewhere vital.

An older-looking woman comes up from behind her, placing a firm hand on the other officer's gun, and lowering it to the ground. The younger officer looks back at her fellow employee and I take this opportunity to slither away.

Clutching my stomach from the pain of having the tips of the protruding snag on the tall unkempt grass.

The officers take notice of my leave but decide to focus on their initial subject as he tries to start his pickup truck. The large piece of junk makes such a scene they completely lose interest in me. The truck had its back filled to the brim with whitetail deer. All female.

I peel myself away from the scene, deciding my last resort should be heading to the forest that is connected to the rest of the town.

I wander aimlessly, the sun has already risen at this point and the cramps in my stomach are nothing compared to my hunger. I don't dare to stop, the fear of being found like this tears me up inside.

What would my family think of me if I barged in looking like such a mess? Especially on my brother-in-law's birthday… I’d just make a mess of things.

There's no point in scaring my nieces with me just dropping dead in front of them. I'd rather not be found than for them to see me like this.

It has gotten to be too much for my body to handle, the exhaustion, the sores on my feet from walking so far, the ache in my stomach for food, my blood on the edge of erupting out of my throat like vomit, the pain. It's just too much for me. I let my knees buckle and send me spiraling against the forest floor. I blink for the final time before I sleep with my head turned to the sun and the shadows of leaves that just carefully cast themselves over my eyes.
.
.
.
>TRANSMISSION END