FOUR, back 2 schemings.

—— chapter four, episode two

back 2 schemings.

IT WAS AFTER SCHOOL

IT WAS AFTER SCHOOL. Caila had remembered that Monse had her number for some reason she can't remember. But Monse told her about the plan over the phone and told her to meet at Ruby's house.

So now she walking over there, dressed in a pair of baggy jean shorts she had stolen from her brother and a dark green halter top and sandals with her purple backpack on.

She spotted Jamal, Monse and Caesar Salad walking with each other. Caila's eyebrows furrowed, was Caesar in on the plan too? Wait, no. That wouldn't make sense.

"Hey, guys!" Caila yelled, jogging over to them.

"Caila? What are you doing on this side?" Cesar asked, taking his arms off of Jamal and Monse; Monse looked annoyed and Jamal looked... constipated.

"Uh... i'm headed to little Ruby's house. To study." She lied, Caila was smart enough to know that Monse and the other two were scheming and didn't want Cesar in on the plan.

"Hm. We're headed there too." He replied, "to help decorate his room."

"Oh! That's cool too, maybe i can help. I ain't got nothing better to do." And she shrugged.

The four freshman's stood on Ruby's porch, waiting for him to answer the door. Once he did, Monse immediately yelled, "We're here to feng shui your room." She chuckled awkwardly, throwing her arms out, "that's why we're here.

Caila and Jamal side eyed each other.

"I don't have my own room, but..." Ruby stepped out the screen door, closing it. He pushed them off the porch and said, "I have a boner." He stated.

Monse and Caila looked down at his pants, and didn't see anything. But they were confused. "

"My cousin just moved in." Oh... did he have a boner because of his cousin? Ew! "Not like my cousin cousin, like, 'what's up, cuz?' You know like, fam, but not fam?" He tried to explain, and Caila understood.