Chapter 1

Swords clashed together as a young man desperately defended himself from the man lunging at him. Sweat dripped down his head as he swung his sword hitting the man's sword, preventing the man from slicing at his skin.

A cheeky grin grew on the man's face as he lunged at the young adult aiming his sword towards the young man's side.

The young man jumped back trying to avoid the man's sword but as he did so the older man quickly swept his feet out from underneath him. He landed with a thud and his sword clattered onto the ground a few feet away from him. The boy looked up at the older man but was ment with the silver tip of the blade just inches away from his eyes.

The older man smiled as he pulled the sword away from the young man's face. "That was quite impressive, young prince." The older man held out his hand to help the boy up. "You manage to hold against my attacks for five minutes."

The prince scowled as he slapped the older man's hand away. He pushes himself up. "It's not good enough. Brother is stronger than you and can defeat you in two minutes." He patted his clothes trying to get the dust out.

The old man grinned as he let out a chuckle.

The prince's head snapped towards the older man as he heard his chuckles. "What are you laughing at?" he snapped glaring at the old man.

"Well it can't be helped, Prince Daemon. The first prince was taught by the grand duchess when she was in her prime as the Murderous Countess." The old man's grin was from ear to ear.

Daemon rolled his eyes. "You're nothing but an old fool" He reached down and picked up his sword. "No woman could be that strong, let alone teach my brother anything." He looked back at the old man. "And don't call her a Grand duchess!" He pointed his sword towards the old man "Paige Ari is just a duchess! Just because people say she's great doesn't mean she's a grand duchess!"

The old man dropped his smile. "You're right prince Daemon" He bowed slightly, putting his hand over his heart. "It was just a fumble of my words, please forgive this old man."

The prince slashed his sword down before sheathing it. "It'll forgive you since you're getting so old and senile but make sure you don't mess up your words next time or it will cost you your tongue." He stood tall as he glared down at the old man bowing to him.

"Of course, prince Dae-"

His words were cut off as a maid stepped onto the training ground they were on. "Prince Daemon. Your Father, the king, is calling for you to see him."

The prince whipped around and faced the maid. "Father wants to see me?!"

The maid nodded her head slightly. "Yes, his majesty wants to discuss important information with you." Her face was cold and her eyes held no warmth.

The prince swallowed a lump in his throat. "We'll, uh-, We'll resume training later. I have to go talk with my father." The prince walked over to the maid. "You're dismissed. I'll head to my fathers office-"

"His majesty asked me to escort you there personally." Her tone was unwavering and her gaze was as cold as ever.

"O,oh. I see. Then let's get going"

The maid turned and started walking towards the large castle. The prince followed hastily behind her. They walked through the large hallways. Her heels clicked on the marble tile as the prince could feel cold sweat running down the back of his neck.

They stopped at two large doors. The maid raised her hand and knocked lightly upon the door. "Your Highness, I brought the second prince."

There was a few seconds of silence before the doors opened. In the doorway was a tall man in his mid twenties with his hair slicked back and with a monocle lens on his right eye. He looked down at the maid and the prince. "His highness has been waiting for you." He stepped to the side and opened the doors.