Somewhere East

On a boat in the East Blue, Petunia screamed as her husband and life longer adventure partner tried to sooth her. She had been in labor for the last few hours. Petunia's white hair was made wet by her tears and the water making it's way onto the boat from the sea getting aggressive. Scott held his wife's hand while she squeezed it. The only way Scott could describe it was a mouse in a trap. It lasted hours, the sea become more and more agitated until, finally, Petunia calmed. They heard the cries. Petunia's body loosened as she lay, trying to catch her breath and stay awake to see who she brought into the world.

Scott carefully took care of his wife and newborn child. He washed her carefully, scared that putting a single finger in the wrong position with the wrong amount of pressure would damn his child. He always worried like that. Scott slowly gave Petunia their child. She smiled softly. "A little girl, born on the seas," Petunia said while taking the child. "She looks just like me, doesn't she?" Scott smiled and nodded to his wife. He kissed his wife's head gently. "Just like you. Just as beautiful." He stood and went to keep the boat on it's course.

For the past week, they had been sailing to an island they hadn't been to in many years. While on their adventures they made many friends but none as important to them than the woman they were to visit in the next few days. Scott stayed up when he had to, napped when he could. Petunia took care of their child while staying in bed. She felt weak as she looked to her love before speaking. "Dear, do you think I'm ill?" Scott looked to his wife with his usual smile. "I think you just gave birth to a child, my love. Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll regain your strength as soon as we meet land." He gently handed handed the child back to her, in love with his family. Petunia smiled, happy to have Scott with her and to be there. "Thank you, Scott." she said as she softly rocked their child. "You know," Petunia started as Scott turned back to her, listening carefully as always. "we haven't given her a name yet, have we?" Petunia looked up to her love, softly. "No, we haven't dear." Scott stated as slowly sitting back down on the side of the bed.

For the next few hours they talked of names. Petunia thought all of Scott's names were too extra. Scott thought all of Petunia's names were too quiet. "Alright, alright. What about Poppy?" Petunia looked up with a smile. Scott's face lit up even more, as if that were possible. "Poppy Lottings. I love it. Do you, Dear?" Scott gently took her hand as Petunia nodded. They softly kissed before Scott kissed Poppy's head and started back out. "I'll be back to check on you. Remember to call for me if you need something dear. Don't force yourself." Scott stared seriously at this wife. Petunia scoffed and nodded. Scott smiled once again and left to guide them to shore.

A nasty storm started as they had almost arrived. The light house was the only way Scott could find his way to the island. What should have taken half an hour took over an hour. His wife was feeling worse and worse. There was no question in his mind the boat violently rocking side to side did not help. After what felt like hours, the boat finally docked. A few fishermen rushed out to him, calling him a fool for sailing in a such a storm. They were quickly silence by his cries for help. "My wife! Please, my wife! She's in the back with our newborn child! She's sick!" With that said, they quickly rushed underdeck. One man picked up the woman as Scott picked up his child. The other two men were running into town to grab the family's friend and a doctor.

Petunia was gently laid on a bed in a near by house not in use. Their friends arrived with a doctor. Scarlet, the woman they came to see, rushed to Scott, asking what had happened. He didn't have the words but was obviously filled with fear and confusion. He handed Poppy to Scarlet as he tried to get to his wife. The fishermen told him to stay back. Scott didn't listen. He tried to push through, fighting them. Petunia looked over as she saw a spark in her husband she only ever saw on their dangerous adventures. With a hint of fear, she pushed up. "Scott! Stop!" She breathed heavily as Scott stared, the spark going away. He teared up as the doctor stepped into the doorway. He nodded to Scott, letting him in. The door was shut behind them.

Scarlet gently rocked Poppy. "You're quite calm, aren't you?" She softly put her finger on the child's nose and wiggled it slowly. All three of the child's eyes stared up at her. The woman was surprised for a moment. "I guess you take after your mother more than your father, huh?" Poppy yawned and closed her eyes. Scarlet smiled while rocking her.

Slowly, the storm calmed. Scarlet had to head home to care for her own child and husband. She slowly opened the door and gave Poppy to Scott. Petunia was resting with a cold damp rag folded on her head. Scarlet softly squeezed her hand before rubbing Scott's back. "I'm sure she'll be okay, Scott. She's been through too much for this to take her down." Scott slowly looked up at her and just slowly nodded. Scarlet softly smiled till she walked out the room. She fell to her knees for a moment. She struggled to lie. It hurt her. But it hurt her more to see her closest friend like that.

Scarlet went home, did chores, made lunch for her child and husband. Despite him always saying he wanted something else to eat, she always cooked for her husband. While putting away left overs, she remember how Scott cared for himself. There was no way he had eaten yet. Scarlet stopped and instead began preparing two lunches. She put on her preferred bandana to keep her hair out of her face and stood in front of the door. She took a deep breath and head out to see Scott and Petunia.

She stared at the doorknob, scared as to what she may find on the other side. As she reached, she noticed how much she shook. Scarlet took a breath as she slowly opened the door. Scott was off the floor and Petunia was as still as a pillar. The only thing in the door giving any sign of life was the cries of the infant. Scarlet dropped the box and fell to her hands and knees. She screamed as she cried, cursing every bad spirit she could name. As she was catching her breath, the cries of the child echoed once again. Slowly and shakily, she looked up and started to crawl towards the cries. Scarlet took the child and stared down as she started to cry again. "I'm so sorry, Poppy. I'm so so sorry." Scarlet held the child close as one of the fishermen ran in. He screamed out, "Oh, great Thor!" Scarlet looked at him and seemingly collapsed. He carefully helped her back to her home before heading to find the doctor.