Chapter 1: The what would be opening ceremony

Welcome to London in 2012 (even though it's 2024). This year is the London Olympic Games and we get new contestants.

Only a whole year, and a few months in their timelines, since the Winter Olympics of stopping the two contestants that were villains.

To say two legendary heroes were arriving for the Olympic Games alongside their friends.

"The Olympic Games are finally set to go." Toad, from the Mushroom Kingdom, said. "It's hard to believe the opening ceremony is tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" A voice said.

He turned to see three foxes that look like.

"Tails?! Why is there three of you?!" 

"Okay, first, we're not Tails." The fox with seven mechanical tails said. "I'm Nine. The pirate's Sails and the feral is Mangey." he then looks around. "Is this where the Olympic Games are set? Me and everyone from the Shatterverse got invitations."

Toad smiled. "Of course it is! I mean, what could go wrong?"

That's where he jinxed it when some colourful fog appeared.

"What the-? I thought London was known not to have any fog in the Summer?" Nine said.

"Huh? Where did all this fog come from?" Toad asked.

"Fog don't seem to get colours, don' it?" Sails asked.

Omochao then appears. "Whoa, whoa! Look how quickly it's covering everything up!" he said.

"I know London is famous for its fog, but this is ridiculous." Toad said.

Mangey then sniffs, but stops. He couldn't smell scent in the fog.

"We're out of ideas." Nine sighs. "Mangey can't smell scent in fog.

"And... Wait a second, fog doesn't come in colours! What in the world is going on here?!" Omochao said, realizing the fog had colours instead of white or grey.

"I have a bad feeling about this. Come on Omochao, Nine, Mangey and Sails, let's get out of here!" Toad said.

"Good idea!" the robot chao agreed as they went off with Nine, Sails and Mangey following them.

****************************************

After a while, Toad and the Tails Variants lost Omochao.

"Omochao? Hmm, it looks like we lost him." Toad said.

"Hey guys!" Nine said. "I see something in the distant!"

Nine was right. He saw some figures in the fog.

"Ah! That must be him there." Toad said when they approached the figure, only seeing it was two of them. "No, is that... Mario?"

Toad was right, seeing Mario in the fog the other figure turned out to be...

"Sonic?" Nine asked.

"Is that Sonic?" Sails asked.

"Oh, and it looks like Sonic's with him." Toad said, as he, Sails, Mangey and Nine started approaching them. "Mario! Sonic!"

"Sonic! Boy, are we glad to see you! Some strange fog appeared and we lost Omochao. Do you know what's going on?" Nine said.

The two said nothing, only to realizes, they weren't the Mario and Sonic they know. They got into fighting poses.

"S-Sonic? What are you-?" Nine couldn't finish when he felt Mangey hiding behind him.

"What's wrong?!" Toad asked before realizing. "Wait... You aren't Mario and Sonic, are you?"