Anamika?

Arya:

It's been a week, and there's no sign of Ishaan. I miss him terribly, and I'm at a loss for how to bring him back home. Desperation fills me, and I decide to call him. He doesn't pick up the first time, so I dial again.

"Tell me," Ishaan's voice finally comes through.

"Eira has an excursion at her school, and she really wants to go," I say slowly, intentionally using it as an excuse to talk to him.

"How much do you need?"

Millions. No, billions. Not enough. Maybe an infinity of love, Mr. Ishaan. I think to myself, smiling. When will I be able to reveal all these feelings to you?

"Hello. I asked you something," he said.

"I didn't call you for money. Should I send her on the excursion or not? You're her father, and your permission is necessary. Without it, we can't proceed," I said.

"Is that sarcasm?" His tone sharpens.

"Even if I say no, you'll interpret it as you wish. Besides, you never let anyone speak and seem capable of reading everyone's heart and mind," I retort, irking him.

"Do you realize who you're talking to?"

"I'm talking to my husband," I said immediately.

Before he can counter, I continue.

"I mean officially and legally, in the eyes of society and our family, we are a couple."

"I'll talk to Eira tomorrow at school and decide about the excursion," Ishaan said, abruptly ending the call.

Idiot! I mutter to myself, frustrated by our complicated dance of emotions and unspoken words.

I spun around and my hand connected with a solid chest. I blinked, half-expecting to find myself in a daydream. But no, it was him, Ishaan standing right there before me.

He stepped closer, and I instinctively moved back, my back hitting the wall. Ishaan glanced behind me and smirked.

"What now? Planning to break through the wall and escape?" His voice held a teasing edge.

I lowered my eyes, feeling his proximity like a live wire. His gaze bore into me, sharp yet intoxicating. Those eyes could melt me instantly, like no other.

"Saying something on the phone. Tell me now, looking into my eyes," Ishaan commanded. His hand rested on the left side of my bare waist, making my nerves tingle. With his right hand, he traced my lips, and my heart skipped a beat. How could he affect me this way? With love and anger, care and harshness, touch and abandonment? Each deed, whether tender or infuriating, only intensifies my love for him than getting irritated at him?

"Someone claimed my proximity was unacceptable. My touch, unwelcome. Even my mere presence and fragrance suffocated them. Yet, they couldn't endure a week without me," Ishaan said, his expression questioning.

The sky rumbled, heavy rain pouring down. I clutched his collar, pulling him close. He pressed a tender kiss to my cheek.

"Relax. It's just thunder. Not as dangerous as the one you hugged."

His dark eyes held mine as I cupped his face. I leaned in, kissing him. Ishaan hesitated for a moment, then surrendered, our lips molding together. In that stolen breath, I remembered Kiara's words from that day.

Breaking the kiss, I gathered my courage. "You told Kiara you'd never develop romantic feelings for anyone. What was that about?"

"Do you think I'm impotent? Want me to prove otherwise?" His playful tone sent a shiver down my spine.