"Add Friend"

Tachy is an introverted guy who finds it lonely being this introverted currently and hopes for a change.

More importantly, he hopes someone or something might change the way he feels and everything else.

Just then, as the beginning of the university intramurals began, he got caught up with this certain volleyball game of the women's volleyball from two certain colleges.

It was about lunch time when he had the least effort of going to the gym to sign up for his attendance for the day and planned to return to the dormitory right after.

Right at the moment he was at the desk area to sign for his attendance, he heard the wild cheering from the bleachers. He wasn't supposed to get bothered by it but there was this certain someone....

It was just a brief glance that occurred for Tachy and it was enough for his attention to get caught with it.

A figure of a stranger stood there at one side of the court right next to the net.

She was unaware of the eyes that were looking and moved just as the ball was coming over to her after a teammate received it.

She raised her arms high and enough to toss the ball to the spiker who was prepared to launch that powerful spike against the opponent.

It was a point.

And another loud cheer echoed in the gym.

Some other students came to sign their attendance pushing Tachy to the area of the bleachers where the supporters of the pink team were.

He was caught up with the loud cheers and was supposed to leave but this person stood at the serving area where he was supposed to pass through.

Her hair is tied up in a ponytail. She received the ball and dribbled it twice before throwing it up and serving it overhead before running in the court again to play as the setter.

Little did Tachy realized that he was already left motionless and there were even these students who bumped him too unintentionally.

He walked to the side and ended up watching the whole game until it finished with him even cheering on the pink team.

"Waaahhh! Go, Shale!" There was this shout from the bleachers and that damsel with the jersey number 6 looked back to the group of students who were cheering like crazy.

After the game, the pink team gathered to take a team picture with the supporters and faculties. Tachy only watched from the sides but he was soon pulled by the other students to join the pictorial after noticing that he wears the same ID lace.

It so happened that Tachy belonged to the same Program and he is Team Pink to begin with.

Uncomfortable as he was, he only stood like a statue and tried to smile at the camera.

After all that, he already walked away but he couldn't stop taking glances at that damsel in #6.

When he finally decided to leave the gym, the image of that girl kept flashing in his mind.

He didn't even realize that he was already in front of their dorm and only brushed the thought.

As the days go by during the intramural week, Tachy went to check on the game schedules each day and would come only if it's the women's volleyball game of their Program that will be playing.

Unconsciously at first but he later came to terms that he seemed to admire the girl named Shale. Or was it not really that way?

There came a time after a game that Tachy noticed that Shale left her water bottle and he came by to pick it. He was hesitant to give it directly to Shale so he proceeded to the information desk and left it there with a note saying that it belongs to Shale and it must be returned.

For the last two days that Shale's team had a game, Tachy was recruited by a classmate to help out with the job of refilling the water jug of the Team. He wasn't able to decline because the one who recruited him was the president of their Program's Student Officers.

And so, he was able to closely watch the game with Shale getting more of his attention.

It was somehow a strange feeling as such as an excitement by just watching their game and each time they scored or each time Shale makes a fake set which she ends up dropping the ball over the net and earns a score.

"Oh, Senior. Can I get some water here?" It happened once where Shale asked Tachy during a time-out that he only nodded in response because of being surprised by it.

And so the days continued, Tachy would be prepared to go to the gym every now and then when Shale's team had a game until the day of the awarding ceremony happened.

Tachy attended it and it was as expected that Shale's team won as champions. There was another pictorial moment and Tachy joined in by his own will this time.

He stayed at the furthest end from Shale but he never failed a glance from the side of his eyes.

After the week-long intramurals, everything went back to what it was before.

Tachy only had his hands full with his requirements and lessons but he had this one thing to look forward to everyday.

It's either to luckily see Shale in their building or spot her in the cafeteria.

Both made him smile deep inside every time Shale makes an appearance and it would make the day brighter than ever for Tachy.

After some time, she learned Shale's social media name and searched for it only to get caught up in the decision to send her a friend request or not.

It took a month of admiration and just secretly watching Shale until that night came.

Tachy was busy reviewing for his exam the next day and when he had a short break, he decided to check Shale's social media posts.

By that time he was back on the profile page, his consciousness began being overpowered by the sleepy feeling and he ended up clicking the request button before he actually put the display on his phone home screen and turned his phone off.

He dozed off right away without having anymore reason to actually know whatever happened by then.

In the morning when he woke up, he saw this notification that Shale accepted his request and he was dumbfounded to see it.

Firstly, he didn't know when he actually sent it and the fact that she accepted it made him happy but embarrassed and shy at the same time.

It was a mistake but he is feeling happy about the result.

But what bothered his thoughts that day was that why Shale accepted it.

He doesn't know if she's just the type of person to just accept just anyone but judging by the friend list, that might not be the case.

Despite the good occurrence, he was not fully convinced that it was something he should just easily be happy about.

But in his mind, he wondered if it might actually be possible for him to be friends with Shale.

Tachy is well aware of his personality and knowing that approaching her is already impossible for him because of his shyness and lack of confidence.

He didn't bother the thought and just accepted the conviction that it wasn't really something special.

Just then, two days later, Tachy encountered Shale in the library when they entered the door at the same time and tapped their ID on the scanner at the same time too.

The encounter made Shale laugh shortly because of what happened and she apologised.

Tachy apologized too before Shale went her way without Tachy noticing that she glanced back at his ID name.

She walked away and picked a table to study before she brought out her pen case and opened it.

Inside, a small paper was found with her name on it and some written notes.

"Please return to Shale of Pink Team Women's Volleyball team."

~~~~~~~
~•AerixielDaminse•~