Forgiveness

They say take an eye for an eye, but what if you only have one eye left? 
Will you be able to forgive the person in front? 
Isn't it difficult to forgive someone who had taken such a major portion of a your life?

Forgiving is like a roller coaster ride, jumping off of a cliff, drowning yourself deliberately.
Yes, its important to forgive. we should let go of things and believe in forgive and forget but not for them, for yourself. 

But are you yet ready to forget the heart clenching feelings? the stomach dropping feeling? the shattering feeling? the feeling where you felt like a complete idiot for giving them a chance over and over again? Are you ready to forget the moment where you dropped your self respect, your ego, your pride, and even your self-esteem? Ready to forget the exact moment and the person for whom you let-go of your own identity? Ready to forget the time when you heard "I do not like being betrayed, cheated on, lied to" and yet they do the exact same thing to you? 

.

.

DO IT!!!

Look at the toddlers, they won't stand someone making fun of them. They are quick enough to sense when a laughter is directed towards them. they are quick enough to point wrong things out. They have a sense of identity and individuality in them.

What about us being old enough to understand the world? We point them out and think as if they're still young they won't understand but what about us? Yes, we're old enough to understand the good and bad but are we old enough to understand our identity and individuality? Do we have our identity attached in our mind so clear where we cannot tolerate someone else being dismissive to us? 

.

.

LEARN IT!!!

Being forgiving is quite a charm and skill which is pretty much difficult to master. 
When you ever get into a position where you have to forgive someone, remember who you are doing it for. Yourself. Yes, sometimes you also want to save the connection you have with the other person, but most importantly you must do it for yourself.

When we look through the note where we have been wronged, it is just one view point. If looked at from another pov, it could be the best thing the other person could have done and if not the best morally, but the best he could do in his situation. Most of the time, we have no idea what someone else is going through and we rub it on their faces that they have done us wrong while the reason they snap on us could be that they are going through a crisis of their own. 

Sometimes, people are controlled by their crisis. 

Though some things done are never justified. In those cases, one must shift the focus on their well-being rather than the other person because that person is living his life without a single percent of concern for you, while you are wallowing in sorrow.

This state of victim-hood that you are drowning yourself into won't do you any good. Living in the past is something that is extremely unfruitful and exhausting. It always takes less effort to smile than it does to frown. A good thing that happens when we go through such a process is that we learn a lot of lessons, and those lessons should be the key takeaway for you. Make sure you don't make the same mistake twice

Forgive but don't forget.

(quick toxic tip:- If someone has done you great harm, make sure that person dare not do it again.)

Experiences might be similar, but the way of dealing is pretty much not-so-similar.
This is what differentiate between two people.
This is what that creates uniqueness of our own.
If you don't learn to forgive and move on, you will make your life far more complicated than it really is and if you learn it, welcome to a happier mind and much more calm world.

 Master the art of forgiving, learn from your experiences and never step on the same mistake twice.