Chapter 22 - Long flight and long talk

(We're going to have some  thrill in this part)

(Not chapter)

(This is only a mere travel)

(Albeit with some major ch-)

(Shush!)

(No spoilers Brian)

(Still with the name?)

Colin

Clouds rush by and I feel the cold wind all across my body. I've been like this for hours.

Calling me shocked would well be an understatement. Sure dragons being real completely rocked me to the core. Though I share a secret happiness they are. Always loved them as a kid. However, this recent revelation brought by Felicia's father gives me a pale face.

Magic. Or at least that's how I could best describe whatever this 'source stone' thing is. Amplifying effects? I'm not so sure. The mere idea of something so similar to magic has me purly stumped.

And the fact that it can incinerate miniature armies in minutes makes my stomach turn.

The sky above me is evermore blue. The hard, yet somewhat soft, scales of the dragon who I've shared more thrill and terror with than with my own human friends in my own life. Astonishing how much can change in a few days.

My shoulder has finally been doing well. Partially aching but I've been through worse. I sure wish I had the gun my dad bought me. Alas it was another one of the many items I lost in that cave in.

That old flip phone died in it too. I'm silently thankful for that. Old thing was becoming a problem.

The small spikes that run along Felicia's spinal column try to align themselves, putting the slightest bit of pressure along my own back. I was cautious of them on our first flight. But I was recently told by Felicia that they just fold to the side when something pushes on them. Not sharp or irritating in any way.

She says they are comprised of dead scale cells. Similar to human hair. The thought gives me a slight shiver.

Everyone has been silent, not just me. Felicia had her head hung low most of the flight. Following her parents as we fly to some fire city in Hawaii.

With my head being so close to her I can hear her every breath and beat of her heart. Which has been pretty fast the whole trip. I know for a fact that all this flying is straining on her. And my senses give me more reason to believe. Though there isn't much I can do. So I simply stroke the root of her wing.

Her head suddenly lifted up. I could tell something was up. Especially when I saw the look of curiosity in her eyes. But there was a hint of something else... betrayal? Mistrust? Something along those lines.

"Father," She calls. The sound making everyone flinch.

He only grunts in acknowledgement.

Her gaze was cold, "When were you going to tell me you had a source stone in our home."

He doesn't miss a beat, "When I thought you were ready."

She scoffed in annoyance and probably was about to give a snide remark. But she held her tongue and silenced herself.

We had fallen into dead silence once again. Only the wind and the occasional beat of a wing. The endless ocean stretches far below us.

Now I truly don't know what I'm going to do. I've been all over the country. Where am I going next? Alaska? Sure hope not. I can tolerate some cold. But I'll pass on sub zero.