Promise Me?

Dedicated to priyanka3

Arya:

"Ishaan, I....am..."

"Arya," Anamika said, and we looked at her.

"I need to talk to Arya if you don't mind. Women's issue," Anamika said, and Ishaan left me.

I followed Anamika into the room. Her expression was a mix of concern and urgency.

"Arya, are you mad? Do you know what you're doing? You're ruining your life," Anamika said, her voice low but intense.

"No, Anamika," I said, "It's better to say the truth to Ishaan myself. I can't imagine the consequences if he finds out any other way."

Anamika took my hand and pressed it against her head as a promise.

"Arya, promise me, Promise that you'll never tell the truth by yourself. Let time heal the wounds. If Ishaan falls for you completely, we can plan something later. Just give him your love."

"But I can't cheat him," I said in disagreement.

"You're not cheating him."

"You're doing this for Ishaan. He needs love. Killing Dhairya won't bring him happiness, but your love can. Risk it. Do anything for him, but don't miss him."

I nodded, my heart heavy with conflicting emotions.

"Arya, you've lost everything in your life," Anamika whispered. "So please, don't lose Ishaan."

I agreed, my determination solidifying. I returned to Ishaan, who was waiting patiently.

"Tell me, Arya," he said, "You were about to say something."

I took a deep breath, my voice steady. "I am in love with you," I finally confessed. Years of love for Ishaan now revealed in the form of words though they are not enough to express my love for him.

Ishaan's smile was both tender and mysterious. I sensed a kind of blushing in him, something he tried to hide from me. He leaned down and kissed me gently on the forehead.

"I need time," he murmured against my skin. "Time to say those words to you. I need to complete my revenge and clear my memories of Amrita. Only after forgetting her completely, I'll tell you those words and make you mine in every way. Until then, let's understand each other."

And so, our fragile bond began, just as silence before the storm, between love, secrets, and the promise of a shared future though there's no clue of where our journey would end up.

"I need a promise from you," Ishaan said.

"Ishaan," I whispered, my voice barely audible in the dimly lit room. He looked at me, seeking a promise that would bind us together, perhaps forever.

"What is that promise?" I asked, my heart racing. I knew this was a pivotal moment, one that could alter the course of our lives.

"Promise me that you would never leave me. When you were gone, I missed you more than I thought possible. I was completely insane until I found you."

His vulnerability touched me. I had to choose between surrendering to his revenge or revealing the truth that could shatter everything.

"I will never leave you," I vowed, my gaze unwavering. There was no turning back now. I had crossed a line, and there was no way to retrace my steps.

Later that night, Ishaan cradled me against his chest, his heartbeat a steady rhythm that lulled me into a fragile peace. He spoke softly, as if afraid to break the spell.