°⌜ 𝟎𝟓 ⌟°

°⌜ 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 ⌟° 

 °⌜   𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕.  ⌟° 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Disclaimer: This chapter mentions violence briefly.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

From the earliest recollection of Geto's childhood, the familiar scent of tatami mats wafts through his memory.

The sliding shoji doors surrounding the family area exude an air of tradition that his mother insists is a mark of proper households.

"The family area is where proper families gather," she would say, her words laden with a sense of duty and expectation.

As a young boy, Geto nodded in agreement, taking in the low wooden table at the room's center – the hub of his activities.

The house, for the most part, is a haven of meticulous order.

Shoes align themselves neatly by the entrance, and every decoration, each lingering piece of paper, maintains its designated position. There is no room for disorder.

In this quiet abode, the absence of mind-numbing distractions like video games, television, manga, or board games is conspicuous.

For Geto's parents, literature and calligraphy are the only sanctioned forms of amusement, avenues through which they impart their unique definition of enjoyment and happiness.

In the absence of typical childhood diversions, Geto has honed his recreational skills. His handwriting, as remarked upon by many, is a manifestation of the commitment to decency instilled in him from a young age.

The path laid out for him by his parents is clear: a series of milestones leading to a life preordained.

Success is not a choice but an expectation.

Geto meticulously plots the course in his mind – graduate high school, excel in the college entrance exam, secure a demanding job, find a suitable partner, settle down, have a family, and consider it a life fulfilled.

But then, an unexpected variable enters the equation of his existence.

[Name] Renzuko.

Initially, this unrefined, overwhelmingly kind boy was just another person in the periphery, someone he would acknowledge with a forced smile, an obligatory nod.

However, fate takes an unforeseen turn when you willingly consume a curse on Geto's behalf – a vile, mind-altering experience he was spared from enduring.