➽Epilogue IV - The Chauhan Bahus

Erisha sat by the window, her eyes teary and yet a smile on her face

Erisha sat by the window, her eyes teary and yet a smile on her face. She looked up at the stars and called out in a whisper, "Veer."

One of the stars twinkled, as if hearing her call out and reassured that someone was listening to her.

"Veer, today I fulfilled my promise to you. Today, the man who killed you is behind bars, all thanks to Yami." Erisha informed and added, "Mann toh kiya uska muh noch lu."

"Pehle I used to think that God's unfair, he took away the man I love just because he wanted the best with him, Mr. God's best creation." Erisha complained with a chuckle remembering Tanveer's letter.

"But maybe, shayad, thodu sa, God is fair. I've still got matters to resolve with him but he gave me Trishan. He's so wonderful, he's magic. Just like you." Erisha whispered with a content smile on her face.

"Now that you're in touch with God, tell him ki ab kuch bura nahi hona chahiye. You're my inside guy in God's office." Erisha informed him of the important role he had to play.

"Kabhi kabhi Trishan ke saath hoti hu toh it feels like bas this is it, I feel complete and then my mind wanders to you. He looks at me with those eyes that resemble yours, a smile like yours too. I hope he has your heart too, the ability to love like you." Erisha prayed to the stars.

She was told as a child by her grandma that when someone dies they don't leave us, they become our guardian angels, always there for us, looking over us and shaking their heads at the stupid things we do to ourselves in grief.

After growing up, she was told that stars are not souls, they're just balls of hydrogen that are burning but the idea of burning stars surrounding her didn't hold as much comfort as the previous theory did.

She was staring into the night sky when Trishan came running towards her. "Maa." He called out as he collided with her and wrapped arms around her.

"Aaram se, baccha." Erisha said and sat on her knees to match his height, "Kya hua?"

"Maa, aaj hum movie dekh sakte hai?" Trishan asked, making sure to smile at his mother and before she could deny, he added "Please." He even made a puppy dog face and batted his eyes.

Erisha shook her head with a smile as she thought how much like Tanveer he was, getting all extra sweet and lovely when they wanted something or did something wrong.

"Okay, baith jaao aap bed pe." Erisha said and turned on the TV, waiting for Trishan to say what he wanted to watch.

"Tangled!!" Trishan screamed enthusiastically as Erisha sat on the bed. Trishan snuggled into her, watching intently as Erisha lightly caressed his hair.

'I remember what you wrote Veer, an eclipse isn't a one time occurrence. It happens again after some time, love would find it's way. I wasn't sure. For me, it's a one time thing, but turns out I'm wrong. Love found its way to me in the form of our kid, our Trishan.' Erisha thought as she saw Trishan looking in awe at Rapunzel's long hair and her painting skills that always made him gasp.