A Normal Night?

Emily walked alongside Lute in the dark, quiet woods, only the sounds of their footsteps, and the night creatures filled the air between them. Providing background noise as the two fell in and out of soft conversations. They were so caught up in each other's presence that they didn't notice a wolf following them.

The wolf followed them for a long while before it finally pounced on top of Emily, biting her arm and causing the young woman to let out a pained cry. Thinking quickly, Lute grabbed a large branch from the trail and hit the beast until it ran off.

As she caught her breath, she looked around to see if the wolf had any friends that would take advantage of their shocked state. When she felt the coast was clear, she knelt beside her girlfriend.

"Are you alright, Em?" Lute asked softly as she gently helped Emily to her feet, "I think I'm okay." The woman replied, looking at her now, bleeding arm with a soft hiss."That thing got me good." The other woman nodded and wrapped some gauze around the wound until they got to a hospital.

After the hospital cleaned and bandaged the wound, the two went home, but something felt off to Lute as she watched as Emily's normally lavender eyes turned into a soft gold. But when she blinked, the gold disappeared.

Strange.