Chapter 1: Life Finds A Way

!!!TAKE NOTE BEFORE READING!!!

I do not own Jurassic World, nor do I plan to, just needed to say this due to copyright! (Please don't copyright my story Wattpad. Pretty please?)

Jay Ackerman worked at a zoo for most of his life. After 10 years of working there, he decided to quit the job and sign up for a position at Jurassic World.

He always had the dream to be a paleontologist, and feel the excitement of finding a new dinosaur species, and even naming it on the spot!

However, his dream was crushed when Jurassic World was abandoned. Well, to be fair, it was crushed when his uncle, Simon Masrani died.

Jay knew the job carried risks, that's why he never signed up then, but, his uncle didn't care about them. Simon Masrani only cared about having the people of this world feel the joy he felt as a boy.

Jay was currently sitting on his laptop, scrolling through Jurassic World Evolution's job application. They only had 'field workers' who had to go check out the fields and make sure food was at its finest.

Jay didn't want to do anything like that. He was mainly hoping to find a paleontologist or manager job. Those were the top spots, besides the funders of course.

"Dang it! Why has everyone taken the spot of the incubator, paleontologist, or even manager!" Jay rested his head in his hands.

That was when his phone rang, "Who could be phoning at this hour?" Jay asked, picking up his phone and answering the call.

"Hello?" Jay asked, "Jay speaking."

"Hello, Jay." The person on the other end said. "I am Claire Dearing, and I wanted to offer you a position at Jurassic World Evolution."

"If it's anything to do with fieldwork, then I don't want it," Jay said.

"The job is not about fieldwork. You are being offered the position to do it all, along with your other colleagues." Claire said. "It pays 6 figures a year, that's a lot of money for someone of your standards. No offense!"

"I'll accept, on one condition," Jay said. "And what would that be, Jay?" Claire asked.

"You make sure that the whole place is under severe moderation," Jay said.

"Already covered," Claire stated. "Our ACU teams have been given multiple new weapons, and each team has a dozen more men. Our fencing has also increased in protection. And yes, no more hybrids."

"Okay, fine. I'll take it, where do we meet?" Jay asked.

"The place where it all began. Isla Nublar." Claire answered, then hung up.

Jay sighed and slipped his iPhone into his pocket. He knew that there were dangers to this job, and he would have to overcome them. But sacrifices must be made for something good.

***

A helicopter landed in front of a house.

"Jay!" Called a woman. "Jay, your helicopter is here!"

Jay's eyes opened, and he sat up. Today was the 13th of January, the day when he went to Isla Nublar. It had been a few months since Jay spoke to Claire, she said the helicopter would arrive from the 10th of January to the 20th of January.

Jay slipped on his business suit, and then clumsily tripped over his own feet. Jay crawled toward his wardrobe and took out a pair of socks and shoes.

Jay rolled onto his back and put the socks on, then, he stood up and untied the laces of his shoes. "Jay, your people are waiting!" The voice called.

"I know, Mom!" Jay answered back and finished putting on his shoes and tying the laces. "Come on, where is my tie?"

Jay scratched through his wardrobe and eventually pulled out a tie. Jay giggled, then put the tie on. He ran out of his room and jogged down the stairs.

"Okay, Jay, have fun; and remember, if you see one, run away from it!" Jay's mother said, smiling at her son.

"That's going to be a bit difficult Mom, especially since I will be working at the dinosaur facility! Bye, mom!" Jay closed the door, standing in the 30cm snow.

"Good day, Jay." A man with a beard jumped out of the helicopter. "I'm George Lambert!"

"Are you here for the Jurassic World application?" Jay asked, looking at George and climbing onto the helicopter.

"Yes, we are." George Lambert replied, climbing onto the helicopter and taking a seat. "Settled?"

"Yeah." Jay nodded, and with that George closed the doors.

"Safe to take off?" The pilot asked, looking at George through his black helmet. "Roger, Dave," George answered.

The pilot began flicking levers and tapping buttons. "To Isla Nublar!"

The helicopter took off, creating a break in the endless snow.

Jay smiled, his dream was finally coming true.

Well, hopefully...