Introductions

"Elanor? Please call Kasai, Aspen and Nile down to my office." A faint 'yes sir' is heard through the door, followed by the sound of fingers typing on a computer. Luan, the headmaster of Ignis Academia sat down at his desk as he read over the paper again. He let out a small sigh of frustration. How did this paper even get onto his desk? The academy has tight security, and no paper with so little information would have made it past the mail carriers. A light knock on his door interrupted his thoughts.
"They're here sir."
"Alright let them in." Straightening up in his seat he watched three young men walk into his office. "Please," he said, gesturing to the couches, "have a seat." Grabbing the piece of paper he followed them to the centre of the room.
"How have your studies been? Have you been training well?" He asked them. They nodded.
"Yes sir, the training is very helpful." Aspen replied.
"I agree, a lot of students don't think the training is necessary when they first join. However, we all quickly realize it's very beneficial." Nile added.
"Good." Luan sighs, at least I'm getting something right.
"I've called you three in to discuss something." He states, getting up to walk to his desk. "In a couple of days, we'll have a boy joining us. He's around your age but quite small. However, he has elite magic." Silence fills the air as the boys take it in.
"Elite magic?" Kasai questions.
"Yes elite magic, and it's tenebrarum elite magic." Understanding soon dawns on the three faces.
"You want us to look after and train this boy?" Kasai asks.
"Yes, since you three have nativus elite magic you're the most powerful and are the most equipped to control him. You all are even slightly more powerful than I. If you agree, I'd like him to stay in the same room with you all as well." Aspen nodded.
"We'd be happy to help. Do you have any more information on him?" He asked. Luan sighed,
"Unfortunately no, all I know is what he looks like and that he has unstable tenebrarum elite magic."

* * *

Blinding light pierces through my closed eyes as I uncomfortably move my head around. What happened? Slowly opening my eyes I immediately shut them. Gosh, why is the light so bright? Cautiously opening them again, I carefully take in my surroundings. Panic starts to build as I take in the unfamiliar surroundings. Where am I? Where are my parents? Pushing myself up, searing pain shoots through my arms. What? With the pain grounding me slightly I'm able to notice a woman sitting in the corner near the window. Looking up she sees that I'm awake, hesitantly rushing to my side.
"Rome you're awake! You've been unconscious for three days now."
"Where am I." Her smile drops a little as she stares a me.
"You're in the hospital." My eyes widen,
"Why?" Looking around it dawns on me, "Where are my parents? Why aren't they here?" She smiles again,
"Do you remember what happened?" She asks me. I try to think, furrowing my eyebrows, but nothing comes. I shake my head. "That's okay, you're parents went on a trip to try and find some answers to help you. Meanwhile, they gave us some money to send you to an academy, they believe you should start experiencing more of the world outside our village." Panic starts to bubble up as I take in her words. It feels like she's lying. My parents would never do that. They don't have enough money. And that doesn't explain why my arms feel like there are thousands of knives piercing them. Digging my nails into my palms I look up at her.
"Where's my mum? I want my mum." Backing up slightly she puts her hands up.
"Calm down Rome, you don't need to panic. You can't see your mum, you're parents have already left. You need to rest, you'll be leaving tomorrow." Panic finally consumes me as I take in her words. Wind rattles the windows outside as electricity travels the length of my arms.
"You're lying! Where's my mum? I want to see her!" Suddenly people rush through the door. Surrounding me and blocking the woman. A sharp sting appears on the side of my neck, causing the tears in my eyes to fall before I succumb to darkness.

* * *

I jolt up, eyes wild as I take in my surroundings once again. Trees tower around me as I push myself up. What the heck. Where am I? I force myself to take deep breaths, trying to stay calm so I can think. The events from the hospital come rushing back causing the anger and panic to rise again. A faint rumble brings me back. Okay. Okay okay. That stupid woman said that Mum and Dad wanted me to go to an academy. That stupid lady didn't tell me what it's called but I'm guessing it's around here considering I'm not at home. These woods are completely unfamiliar. Taking a deep breath I push myself off the forest floor. The pain in my arms is almost non-existent, just a dull ache now. Choosing to follow the sunset I start walking. Replaying what the lady said to me.
Your parents are fine! They just thought you deserved to experience more of the world! What a bunch of lies. My parents rarely let me leave the hut once every six months, there's no way they'd be okay with me studying somewhere across the country. Not to mention no one from the village is rich enough to afford this type of academy. Anxiety and dread coil up in my stomach as my situation starts to sink into my befuddled brain. I'm alone. Across the country. With no social skills. And nothing other then the clothes I'm currently wearing. Is this school even expecting me? The sky abruptly darkened as the ground started to shake. My hands shook as I took in the blinding light and purple like bolts of electricity that traveled up and down my arms. Taking a deep breathe, I forced myself to calm down. Now was not the time, or ever actually. Stupid power. As I kept walking the trees seemed to thicken before they suddenly let out and revealed the biggest building I've ever seen in my entire life. Hesitantly I walked up to the large iron gate. Nerves crackly I stood there for a solid ten minutes. What if I just turn around? I could go live in the forest and I'll never have to go through the embarrassment of having to interact with another human being ever again. My parents would never know.
Knowing that the longer I wait the worse it'll be I hit the grey button. A crackling sound caught me by surprise, lightning taking out a nearby tree.
"Hello, how may I help you?" A voice asked. Blushing slightly from the embarrassment, and exhaustion from using my power I turned to bow slightly to the box.
"Hi, ummm, My name is Rome and...and I think I'm supposed to be a student here?" I asked, voice wavering at the end.
"Oh! Rome! Yes we're expecting you, sorry I didn't recognize you earlier honey, come on in!" The gate swung open, beckoning me inside.
Walking through a massive courtyard I cautiously looked around. It seemed like there were a million people. Students were everywhere. Lounging in the trees and grass, walking, biking, napping. Students were walking in and out of the schools doors. And those weren't even including the ones in the sky.
Feeling slightly overwhelmed and scared, I quickly made my way into the school. She didn't tell me what to do. I'm guessing maybe I have to find the person in charge? But I don't know how. Its big, and scary, and there are alot of people and I don't know what to do.
An arm was suddenly slung around me, quickly followed by a yell of pain, as a yelp of surprise followed vy a golt of electricity left me. Heartpumping I quickly turned around. "Sorry, sorry" I rushed, bowing slightly. My eyes widened as I took in the person, or people infront of me. They were huge! And kinda ugly, but I won't tell them that, that would be rude.
"Whats your deal?" The front man almost growled. Wha-whaat?
"Ummm, I'm try-" My whisper is interrupted by his loud voice.
"You must be new, let me give you a few tips." Despite his loud voice and ugly face I hesitantly glanced up slightly.
"Really?" I whispered, that would be great! A sudden object comes hurtling at my face, startling me out of my barely found calm. On reflex I slam myself against the wall. A loud rumble fills the school as the object burns to a crisp in mere seconds. Horror fills me as my senses slowly come back and yelling fills the air around me. That object was the ugly guy's hand, and the now burned to a crisp object...is his dead...body. Oh my gosh. I just killed someone. Oh my gosh oh my gosh what am I going to do. He didn't deserve that, it was an accident. It was an accident I promise. I promise I didnt mean to hurt him. It was an acc-
"Whats going on here!" A voiced cut across the chaos both inside and outside my mind. Almost immediately my powers calmed, leaving me a defensless, shivering, sobbing mess, curled up on the ground. "Everyone, go to your rooms for the rest of the day. We need a chance to mend this part of the school." Black shiney shoes enter my blurry vision, causing me to bolt up.
"I'm sorry! It was an accident! Please go away." I sobbed, only the person kept getting closer. "Nono, please don't! I don't want to hurt you I'm sorry, please stop!" The person stoped moving. I don't know why and I don't care. I'm just relieved. Backing myself into a corner I curled into myself. I just killed someone. IjustkilledsomeoneIjustkilledsomeoneIjustkilledsomeoneIjustkilled-
Movement caught my eyes causing another flurry of panic to crash over me.
"Nonono, stop coming closer! I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt you, please stop."
"Shhh" a deep voice soothed. "It's okay I promise." My sobbing came to a halt as I held my breath. This voice was new, this is a different person from a second ago. Do they not know what I just did?
"No no you can't-"
"It's okay," they soothed again, "you won't hurt us I promise." I stayed perfectly still, waiting for the calming voice to rumble again. "You won't hurt us I promise. Can I come closer?" They asked. The voice seemed to silence all of the caos that had been going on in my head seconds before. I found myself uncurling as I lifted my head to watch the approaching figure. My eyes widened slightly as I took in the three most beautiful men I've ever seen. Another figure standing off to the side caught my eye but he wasn't as pretty, or handsome.
Movement brought my attention back to the slowly approaching beautiful man.
"You're so pretty" I whispered in awe, barely flinching when he squatted down infront of me. He smiled gently,
"Thank you, you're even prettier. May I know your name pretty?" He asked. Blushing slightly I nodded.
"Rome."
"Rome, what a pretty name. Well Rome, can I take you somewhere else? I can take you to the headmaster's office." My ears perk up. The headmasters office? Yes! Thats where I need to go! Nodding I push myself up.
"Umm yes please, yes please. I need to go to the headmasters office." Smiling slightly he gets up aswell. Gesturing for me to follow, he starts down the hall. Following him, my ears pick up the sound of the other two following us.
Entering through a large wooden door, we're greeted by a really friendly lady, before entering another room. Only to be greeted by the man from earlier,
"Thank you boys, you may leave."
Nervously watching them leave I perch on the edge of the couch, waiting for his instruction.
"We were expecting you. Rome right?" He asks, I nod, struggling to sit still. "Do you know where you are?"
"No, no not really. I know I'm at an academy but...but that's it." He offers a smile.
"If it makes you feel any better, we know as much about you as you do us." There's a beat if silence before he continues. "Do you know what tenebrarum elite magic is?" I shake my head. "Do you know about the different levels of magical ability?" I shake my head again. Woah, dizzy. "Well...there's different levels of magic. There's infirma natura, that's the weakest magic, they can rustle plants and create a breeze at best. Then we have mundus magic, the most common magic, they basically do what infirma natura does except stronger and they can improve in their abilities. Then there's summus magic, people who have this ability can control a specific earth element. People with regalis magic can control two elements and with enough training even three. Lastly, there's two types of elite magic, tenebrarum elite, which is what you have, and nativus elite, which is the strongest magic. People who have nativus elite magic mainly control one element but they can draw energy from other elements to make their powers stronger."
"What does, what does tene- tenbr -ten...what does my elite magic do?" Gosh darnit, why are the words so stupidly long! There's a silence before he answers.
"There's not much known about the elite magics because they're very uncommon. There's slightly more known about nativus elite only because There's a famous family that has nativus elite magic running through their bloodline. Unfortunately...there's not much known about tenebrarum elite. But with you staying here...hopefully...we'll get to learn more about it with you." My body stiffened slightly, there's something he's not telling me.
"Well!" He exclaims getting up, "my name is Luan, I'm the headmaster of Ignis Academia. People come to this academy to learn how to control and strengthen their powers. And for some, they learn how to control their potentially dangerous ones. We've had some pretty strong ones in the past but you're definitely on the stronger end." The headmaster continued, "we can't have what just happened today happen again-" I hang my head in shame and regret. "Luckily we have a few students how are nativus elite. I'm putting you in a room with them. Come!" He says, geturing towards his door. "I'll walk you down and introduce you to them."
After walking for a really long time, although that could just have been because I was uncomfortable, we came to a stop. My eyes widened. The door was so pretty! It was a dark green with gold flowers and butterflies and it was so beautiful!
Headmaster Luan knocked on the door. I observed the door in wonder as the sound of footsteps drew nearer and eventually the door opened.
My eyes widened, it was the guy! The guy who helped me earlier! He was like a foot taller then me, pretty green eyes and black wavy hair. He also had an ear piercing which was really pretty. He had one of those dangly ones in. Seeing the headmaster and I, the guy let us in. As we entered I saw the two other men who had been with him sitting on the couch. One had brown eyes and curly dirty blond hair, he had on glasses which was different from last time and he was reading a book. The other guy was on his phone, he had dark hair, which looked like he was trying to grow, and blue eyes, almost grey.
"Good evening boys this is Rome, the boy  I said would be rooming with you. Rome," he said turning to me, "these are the three who are nativus elite. They'll be helping you with your training and anything else you need help with. Introduce yourselves."
The green eyed one approaches me first. "Hi Rome, its nice to meet you again, my name's Kasai." Taking his hand I bow slightly,
"Nice to meet you too..."
Then the brown eyed one put his book down and stood up. "My name's Aspen, nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too." I reply, also taking his hand.
Lastly the blue eyed one got up.  "Nice to meet you, my name's Nile."
"Nice to meet you."
"Okay!" Headmaster exclaims clapping his hands. "Since there've been introductions I trust you three will show him his separate room and help him get settled in?" The three nod as he turns to me. "Today has been quite chaotic for both you and the school. I'm giving you tomorrow and the weekend to get settled, you can start on Monday, if thats alright with you? That way we can make sure everythings prepared!" Nodding slightly he smiles one more before he vanishes out the door.
Feeling slightly disorientated by the sudden changes of mood I stand there for a second before shaking myself out of my dazed stance. Looking towards the boys I blush slightly, not expecting them to already be staring at me. What to I do? I'm Rome! Nope! Can't do that, I already introduced myself. Okay, Kai is the green eyes, Aspen is the brown eyes, and Nile is the blue eyes, I can't forget that! Gosh I'm so bad with names.
Suddenly blue eyes spoke. Nile! "Rome, would you like us to show you to your room? Do you have anything you need help bringing up here?"
"Yes please! Umm, no, no I only have...me..." It dawns on me how stupid my situation is. I don't know where I am, I only have the cloths I'm wearing, right now, and...I just killed a man. Oh my gosh! My eyes widen. I. Just. Killed. Someone. Frantically turning to green eyed guy I approach him hesitantly. "Am, am I going to go to jail?! I just, oh gosh, I just killed someone, I'm going to get in trouble right? It was an accident but I stilled killed them, oh my gosh, mum will be so sad. I didn't do it on purpose! He scared me, it was an accident-"
"-me..."
"I didn't kill him right-"
"-ome..."
"Maybe he's just injured, maybe-"
"Rome!" Wide eyed I turn to face the voice.
"It's okay, you were scared and you didn't mean to. You acted out in self defence. No one's blaming you." Blue eyes said.
"He had it comin too-"
"Aspen!" Green eyes scolded.
"Anyway," Blue eyes continued, what was his name? Oh yeah! Nile. "Let me bring you to your room, you've had a long day. Waving to the other two I turned and followed Nile down the hall, until we reached an amber door with black designs. "This is your room, make yourself at home."