1: The first meet

Author's pov

Holding up her lehenga (Indian attire) with her one hand, Jiya walked towards the bride who was none other than her sister who was getting married. "Didiii" (elder sister) she said with a grin on her face as she sat beside her.

"Oh so you finally decided to show up, who takes this much time to get ready huh?" Her sister Anushka said with a disbelief look on her face.

"Mee duh!" Jiya said with a duh face and laughed making her sister shook her head being done with her.

Jiya Sharma was 22 years old, she had one sibling Anushka Sharma who was getting married and today was her haldi function (indian wedding ritual).

Jiya was the closest to her sister, she was like her second mother but now she had to leave and make her own family. She was also used to get questioned about her marriage, whenever she attends any party or her relatives. Just indian things~

But she didn't want to get married anytime soon so she never gave much attention towards them.

"C'mon now apply haldi on my face, I want a good candid picture!" Said Anushka, Jiya smiled and stood infront of her taking some haldi paste in her hands she applied it on Anushka's cheeks and nose making her giggle which made her smile too and the photographers clicked the candids at exact time.

Jiya hugged her tightly getting a little emotional knowing that she's gonna leave tomorrow, sensing her state Anushka hugged her back and kissed her side head getting teary as well.

"Awww is my donkey sister getting emotional that I'll be leaving?" Anushka teased to cheer up her mood earning a eye roll as she quickly pulled away and wiped off her tears.

"Who said I'm emotional huh? I just hugged you because you won't get my hugs after tomorrow so appreciate my favour." She said rolling her eyes making Anushka laugh shaking her head.

"Main tujhe pagal dikhti hu kya?" (Do I look stupid to you?) Anushka asked with a questioning face.

"Dikhti nahi ho, aap pagal ho!" (You don't seem idiot, you are one.) Jiya muttered holding her laugh, Anushka heard her and scoffed in disbelief.

Jiya laughed seeing Anushka's face making her narrow her eyes at her as she smirked and took haldi in her hands attacking Jiya's face.

She groaned feeling the haldi mixture paste on her skin, this time Anushka laughed looking at her face.

"Get used to it, you're next to get married!" Said Anushka with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Wha- no I'm not gonna get married anytime soon." Said Jiya wiping off the haldi from her face as she cringed.

"I guess you're really planning to die single."

"Whatever, marriage is a headache!"

"Soon a guy will come and will make your thoughts about marriage totally opposite, mark my words!" Anushka said with a teasing smirk

"No way! And better think about your marriage, I'll take care of mine." Jiya said in a sarcastic tone making Anushka chuckle.