1.7 | The Next Plan

──────────❝ 🃏 ❞──────────

Imogen followed behind Henley towards the apartment room where the five magicians had first met, the older woman was beyond excited to show the younger woman the apartment. Henley opened the door and smiled back at Imogen who smiled fondly at the sight of the apartment that the boys had fixed up the place for all of them. "Holy shit!" Imogen spoke as she looked around, Merritt sat on the couch with his book in one hand and a beer in the other and he laughed hearing the words leave her lips. "Like it?" Jack asked from where he stood leaning against the wall, Daniel sitting on a chair at a desk a few steps away from the blond.

"This is what you guys have been disappearing off to do?" Imogen asked them, they all nodded and Imogen grinned at that, "It's amazing but I thought this place was for meetings and planning." Henley shrugged as she closed the door behind them, "And sometimes we work till late so why not make the place more comfortable for us." Imogen accepted the woman's words, she wouldn't deny how great it would be to have a proper home just for them. They all sat together and Merritt ordered pizza, they got comfortable while eating as they planned their next big show which included betraying their benefactor which was the plan from the beginning.

Once they had finished planning for the night, Imogen had yawned and blinked back the sleep that threatened to overcome her. The television was playing a random movie and soon enough, Imogen had fallen asleep on Henley's shoulder. Jack looked over at her and smiled fondly, he stood up and moved his arms under her legs and shoulders, pulling her into his arms causing her head to fall into the crook of his neck. Henley grinned at him with Merritt playfully narrowing his eyes like a scolding father, Daniel simply looked for a moment before turning back to the movie playing on the screen.

──────────❝ 🃏 ❞──────────

Jack slowly made his way through the apartment until he reached the room they had all assigned to Imogen; they had all agreed on it. He quietly pushed the door open before walking over to the bed, he laid her down on the bed, pulled the blankets from under her. Imogen rolled slightly from the movements but hummed happily once the blankets had been pulled over her. Jack brushed his fingers across the woman's cheek, he smiled fondly at her before turning to walk away when Imogen reached out and grabbed his wrist. "Stay with me?" Imogen asked quietly, Jack grinned and agreed instantly.

He removed his jacket and threw it to the side and while the idea of sleeping in jeans wasn't ideal, he wouldn't wish to make Imogen uncomfortable by him sleeping in his black shirt and boxers; so it was sleeping in jeans instead. The moment Jack got comfortable, Imogen rolled over to lay her head on his chest prompting him to wrap his arms around her and hold her close to him. Jack hoped that his racing heart wasn't too noticeable in Imogen's sleepy state but at the same time, he wasn't afraid to face the facts that was how he felt about the woman. In the short time they've known each other, Jack had found himself falling for her.