1.8 | New Orleans Show

──────────❝ 🃏 ❞──────────

With less than an hour until their second big show, Imogen stood in her small changing space. She looked into her reflection, she wore comfortable dark jeans with her ankle boots that had stars embroidered in them. A white button up shirt with a black blazer, her hair tied back in a ponytail with two strands on either side of her face. She made sure to dress comfortably for the show considering she knew the outcome involved running away from the FBI after what they were about to do. She took steadying breaths as she mentally prepared herself for the chaos.

Imogen made her way into the main space where the others were preparing for the show, practicing lines or tricks. Jack smiled as he spotted his girlfriend, they were told to be extra flirty on stage and Jack was more than willing to stake is claim on the woman while making sure the knew he was hers. "How are you feeling?" Daniel asked Imogen as he stepped up to her. "Confident, a little anxious but I can do this," Imogen assured him before looking at him, "What about you?" Daniel smirked, "We're gonna be fine. I trust that." His confidence eased more of Imogen's worries, she nodded her head before making her way over to Jack who immediately wrapped his arms around her.

"Pardon my intrusion," Thaddeus Bradley spoke from the doorway, Imogen turned her head to her grandfather. "Grandpa?" Imogen spoke, he sent her a polite smile before turning to the others. "I just wanted to wish you good luck tonight," Thaddeus informed the magicians. "What? So you can try to expose us later on your little website?" Jack asked with a slight defensive tone that Imogen understood, her grandfather made their mission a little more difficult. "And on demand," Thaddeus added with a little smirk on his face. "That's not going to happen," Henley scoffed.

"Oh no?" Thaddeus questioned, "Operating on a special plane because of The Eye?" Imogen raised a brow at him while Henley and Merritt shared a look. "I heard it's a lovely place," Thaddeus spoke, "Lot's of star shine and moonbeams. Makes any magicians wish come true." Imogen rolled her eyes at her grandfather's words, she turned her head to Daniel and they shared a subtle nod. "You've come a long way, much further than anyone would have expected of a bunch of wannabes and has-beens," Thaddeus continued, sending his granddaughter a specific look while she smirked.

"Oh!" Merritt suddenly exclaimed aa he got up from the couch and approached Thaddeus, "If by 'has-been' you're referring to me, I just wanna say that I'm flattered because I always considered myself a never-was." Imogen giggled at Merritt's comment, she moved to stand next to the older man with Jack following her, standing to her side just behind her with his hand resting on her hip. "Do you mind if I do a quick reading on you?" Merritt asked as Henley and Daniel moved closer to them. "By all means," Thaddeus replied with a taunting smile on his face.

"Uh, okay," Merritt spoke as he analysed the man standing before him, "I'm picturing a little boy. He wants to be a great magician someday and though he's good, he's not good enough. So he ends up at the bottom of the entertainment food chain, feeding off of those who have the talent that he never did. People like your granddaughter. Tell me, am I getting close?" Imogen crossed her arms and watched Thaddeus as he held an unamused expression on his face. He didn't answer Merritt's question, he simply looked over at his granddaughter before turning to leave.