vii

It was truly a sight to behold. The laughter filled air, beaming smiles and intertwined hands. It was just...perfect...

Keeping their hands interlocked, Miles dragged Y/n all over the carnival, trying on rides, eating some snacks, winning Y/n a Spider-Man plushie and taking pictures at the picture booth.

The two teens posed for the first two pictures but soon began to goof around and ended up taking sillier pictures than they intended. But that didn't matter. They were having fun. Something Miles dearly missed and Y/n rarely had, not until the two met each other.

The loud carnival music and chatting of students was almost deafening, but you wouldn't miss the two teens contagious laughter as they ran around the place like little kids in a toy store.

That was until Miles snaked his arm around Y/n's waist, pulling her close as he guided her towards the ice cream stand.

"My treat!" He cheerfully announced, playfully winking at Y/n. And of course, the girl rolled her eyes in amusement.

One cone, two scoops, different flavors; chocolate and (flavor). A combination of their friendship. Well. At least it used to be a friendship. One look of those two and they could be mistaken for a love-struck couple.

But were they?

That question has been bugging Y/n's mind for a while now. Don't get her wrong, she liked the guy. In fact, she fell hard for him. But did he feel the same? His adorable eyes told her the answer she needed. But she couldn't just assume it, could she? I mean, he did ask her out on this date.

But is this a date-date or friendly-date?

Gosh... Why was this all so difficult?!

As soon as they were done with their ice cream, Miles once again, subconsciously, intertwined their fingers together, leading them away from the crowdy area. The adorable smile he flashed her was enough to play with Y/n's heart strings. But the pit in her stomach was still there.

She just needed affirmation...

As if sensing her uneasy-ness, Miles was quick to look for something to distract her. In his opinion, it was a better conclusion than asking her straight up. What if she'd get uncomfortable? The day was already going great. He doesn't intend on ruining it. Not in the slightest.

"Wanna head for the rollercoaster?" He suddenly suggested.

"Not a bad idea, but straight away after eating?" Y/n asked.

She made a good point, but Miles was positive about the situation. And besides, he's New York's masked hero. How could a little rollercoaster ride affect him if he was able to take on a frickin 450 lbs muscle-built man at the age of just 13? The rollercoaster was nothing.

"Nah. I can handle it. And if I can, you can too." Miles let his pride take over the situation again. He never learns does he? But hey, consequences are the best teachers after all.

All in all, the two ended up heading for and riding the rollercoaster. All was well. Not until Miles was back on solid ground. A nausea spell hit him like a ton of bricks. He was quick to head for the nearest dumpster and empty his stomach. Maybe being a hero doesn't technically mean you're indestructible to your daily life struggles...

Oh and Y/n? She was fine. Dizzy, but fine. It wasn't soo bad. The same can't be said for Miles though.

Was there regret? Perhaps, but for Y/n, it was worth it. The smug smile was absolutely annoying. But at the same time, Miles found it endearing. Not once did he regret his terrible choice.