STUDYBUG -- ORIGINAL EDITION

ALRIGHT KIDS, GRADES WILL NOW BE GIVEN." the teacher announced.
As he walked past the kids, he stopped at some to "lecture" them because they got an F.
Though, of course, he gave Amity blight, the heavily known "Straight-A student" an A.

"Good job amity." The teacher congratulated like he did every other student with an A.

"thank you mr.woods." Amity thanked the teacher in a monotone way and looked down at the red, circled A on her paper.

Abruptly, the bell rang throughout the school, indicating all the kids may leave. It kinda hurt amitys ears to be honest, but she didn't cabugs
She packed her papers, pencils, books, you know, school stuff.

Got up from her chair and left.

She left the school and went to the bus stop, where she sat down.

"hhh..." Amity sighed. After a long day of school, she got on the bus with all the other kids. She doubted her mom would ever come get her, she's always so "busy at work." More likely Odailia just forgets.

Amity sits somewhere near the middle, next to the bus window.

Like most others who have nobody to talk too, and are sitting near a window, she looks out of the window. Passing by buildings and all, like car washes, stores, food places, blah blah yada yada.

While looking out of the window, one of her earlier class tasks for school came to mind. Since it was soon to be a break from school (for like... 3 days) you had to do a science project about bugs

In the science teachers words, "Go to your backyard and pick a bug. Any bug. Study its appearance and behaviors and document it." and decided to do it tomorrow. First thing in the morning.

the bus dropped her off, many kids still waiting to get out of the bus.
Though, she wasn't quite happy to be home.

She went Infront of the house door, and rubbed her boots on the welcome mat to clean them.
"no dirty shoes in the house" of course.

She stepped in the house and unbuckled her moon themed boots, grabbing them then placing them nicely on the floor next to one another.

Odailia clapped her hands together loudly to alarm everyone in the house, sending them to the table.

She served everyone ... Things. Specifically the kids -- she never wanted them to gain weight, so she ONLY gave them stuff like veggies and fruits.

Also she...was not a good cook. What she had given to the kids just now looks like ugly goop but solid..
Emira gagged a bit while Odailia was looking away --

"So, kids, what have you accomplished today?" Odailia questioned. More like interrogated. That's what it felt like at least.

"Me and edric

Amity slowly ate, she wanted to gobble up the stuff and get over with, but that wouldn't be polite.

"May I be excused?" Amity asked, her "food" being finished after like 20 minutes.

"you may." Odailia answered, Still eating.

Amity walked from the table, through the hall, and too her room.
She grabbed some stuff out of her pocket, it was those sticker stars you could put on your walls or ceiling and it would glow in the dark.

Secretly she would go to school and exchange various things for paper stars to this one kid.
No teachers knew that this kid had a "business" cause amity was really the only one who "bought" stuff.

She plastered them on the wall, then walking to her bed and wrapping in warm blankets..

THE NEXT MORNING...

"hghf..." Amity groaned as she got out of bed. She was pretty sure her mom and dad were at work already.
She sat in her bed, wondering what to do. Then she remembered again about the science project.

Might aswell find some caterpillar and study it a bit.

She got up and left her room, leading her to the kitchen where she grabbed an apple, as it was the only breakfast she could have at the moment. (yes she washed it)

She went to the backyard, where there was a nice garden. It had mostly lavender flowers, as her mothers favorite color is purple.

She looks around for a bug, nibbling on her apple when something takes it away!

"HUH- HEY!" Amity yelled, following after whatever it was, till it stopped to walk in a shack..
It was an owl.

"wha- an owl?..owls aren't meant to be out at day?" Amity asked herself, then realizing she still needed that apple. She was hungry and is NOT giving it up.

She ran after the owl quickly till...
She saw something on the other side.

END OF CHAPTER

-------

Hello DAFFODIL viewers. Currently I am editing DAFFODIL, which is why I'm posting the original chapter 1 here. Plus I don't wanna throw it away.
This book will include:

Long authors notes explaining my writing process behind everything
Announcements about the book
Any updates about it

And if I ever do abandon the book, it'll be in here if I ended it or am on hiatus.
Thank u ♥︎