𝐂𝐨𝐚𝐜𝐡

((Life is a little interesting at the moment. Because I just discovered that someone at school possibly has a crush on me. And because I gain feelings too easily. I started liking him back within a day. Now I get butterflies every time I think about him. An incident today made me overthink about his feelings towards me. I wish he would stop being so nervous and make a move already. Because God knows that I can't make a move. Anyway, during this time of my crush I started to lose the motivation to write and read fanfiction of Daniel Stern, and even make edits of him. So, the only downside of me getting into a relationship is that I might finally fall out of love with Daniel/Marv after 15 long months.

Summary- Meeting Brickma when my brother gets a new baseball coach.

Words- 3.4k words

1st Person: Modesta

I wasn't much of a fan when it came to baseball. But my brother, Henry, was a huge fan. And since he respected my interest in rock music, I respected his interest in baseball. Although he was a huge fan of baseball, he wasn't that good. I assured him that more practice would be the best way to go. But Mom wanted to try and get him a coach. Like, one of those personal trainers. I also thought that it sounded like a good idea. But I never knew that this decision would also change my life. It was a sunny afternoon. Henry just got off for summer break. I already graduated high school, so I didn't have to worry about that. His new coach wanted us to meet at some baseball field somewhere in town. It was one of those baseball fields that were open to the public. I was talking to Henry as we exited the car. I told him about how I was proud of him for not giving up on baseball just because it seemed to him like he wasn't getting any better. I was that same way with my guitar. I became too impatient when I wasn't noticing any progress. But I'm way better now than I was a couple years ago. I smiled down at Henry as I listened to him rant about how excited he was. Mom seemed to be happy about how excited he was. Because this personal trainer cost a shit ton of money. This coach must be good then. I stood beside the gate while Mom talked to the coach. I haven't even gotten a good look at the coach just yet. I was too busy admiring how beautiful everything looked during the summer. I already started sweating even though I wasn't even outside that long. I leaned against the gate as I stared off into the distance. Mom approached me. "Modesta." She called out, "Yeah?" I asked her, "Why don't you go introduce yourself to Henry's coach?" She suggested, "Oh, yeah." I nodded. I remember Mom telling me that I would have to be the one to take and pick up Henry from practice from now on since she was going to be busy with work. So, I guess it was a good idea to introduce myself properly. I gazed down at the ground until I knew I was standing in front of him. My eyes slowly scanned upwards. And then I just froze in place. Hearts formed in my eyes. My God... there was no way Henry's coach looked this good. He towered over me. He had to be at least six feet tall. Those gorgeous blue eyes hidden behind his glasses. The facial hair that perfectly outlined his strong jaw. Not to mention the smile he had on his face looked so adorable. Henry and Mom looked confused as to why I was just staring at him. Suddenly, he extended his hand towards me after a long silence consisted of just staring. "Hello, Modesta. I'm Brickma!" He cheered as he aggressively shook my hand, "You must be Henry's sister!" He exclaimed proudly, "Y-Yeah." I felt blush forming on my cheeks. He grabbed my hand and extended it towards his face, placing a small kiss on the back of my hand. I became extremely flustered by his actions. Brickma noticed how uncomfortable I looked. That was when he noticed that he was still holding my hand. "Oh, sorry." He mumbled before letting go of my hand. I rushed back over to where Mom was standing.