𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲

༻✦༺

          The sounds of the cars passing by was strangely therapeutic to Beatrice, she enjoyed the sounds of a busy city. She hated the silence. Beatrice didn't know why though, she just did. Maybe it was just a simple fear, or maybe the silence is what forced the girl to be alone with her thoughts. Either way, Beatrice found it to be unsettling.

Beatrice walked into the apartment building and climbed two flights of stairs to reach the top floor. She dragged her hand along the wall until she reached apartment 337. Beatrice lifted her fist to knock but the door flung open before her hand made contact.

"Beatrice!" Percy threw himself at the girl, wrapping his arms around her.

"Nice to see you too" She laughed. Beatrice pried the young boy off of her and walked inside the Jackson's apartment. "Where's Donny?" She questioned, dropping her backpack by the front door.

Percy shrugged. "I don't know, he's around here somewhere"

"In here!" Adonis called out from Percy's room.

The two children made their way to Percy's room and found Adonis shaking a snow globe the young boy had on his nightstand.

"Percy insisted on waiting for you at the door," The older boy spoke, setting the snow globe back down on the nightstand. "Where's your mom at anyways?" Questioned Adonis.

"Right here,"

The two older children turned their heads at the sound of Sally's voice. "Ms. Jackson!" They shouted in unison, going over and hugging the woman.

"I'm assuming your parents are off at work" She looked to Beatrice and Adonis, who both nodded. "Okay, well, the same rules still apply. So do your homework and don't break anything"

"You got it Ms. J" Said Beatrice.

Sally left the three kids alone in Percy's room.

"Did you guys see anything today?" Adonis wondered, sitting at the foot of Percy's bed.

"Just a Pegasus" Percy replied. "Beatrice?"

"Something weirds been happening to me lately,"

"Define weird" Says Adonis.

"I haven't been getting the usual creatures. I've been seeing a lot more dangerous ones, like dragons and stuff" Beatrice sighed. "I don't know if I'm reading too much into it or not"

"Have they attacked you?" Percy asked. He wondered if the creatures he saw would one day attack him.

"They always try to but when I look away or a bus passes by it disappears. It's weird"

Meanwhile, Sally Jackson stood outside of her sons bedroom listening to Beatrice talk to Percy and Adonis about the creatures she's been seeing. She had a plan to take Percy to Camp Half-Blood when he was ready, but perhaps it was time to carry out the plan early for Beatrice. The woman had grown to love Beatrice as if she were her own daughter, Sally couldn't bare the thought of those monsters hurting the girl. She knew she had to act quick before any harm came to Beatrice.

"Thanks again for watching Beatrice, Sally, you have no idea how thankful I am" David smiled at the Jackson woman.

"There's actually something I wanted to talk to you about," She stepped aside so David could enter her home. Sally sat on the sofa, as did David. "Beatrice is a very special girl, more special than you'll
ever know"

"What are you getting at?"

"Has she ever told you about creatures she see's?"

"Creatures? Like unicorns and centaurs and stuff?" David thought for a moment before nodding at her question. "A couple times, but they're just dreams"

"I know this is gonna sound crazy, but they're not just dreams" It was the gods honest truth. The Sally couldn't blame David if he thought it was complete insanity, it certainly sounded like it. "Beatrice is a demigod"

"Very funny" David said sarcastically.

"David, I'm telling you the truth. I know it seems crazy, trust me"

The sincerity in her voice was enough to convince David. After all, when had she ever lied to him? "Okay," He spoke, leaning back on the couch. "How can she possibly be a- what'd you call it? A demigod?"

"My guess is that her mother- "

"Is dead" David interrupted. "She died two years ago, I was there by her side when she passed. So then how the hell is my kid a demigod?"

"I don't know, that's for Beatrice to find out" She shrugged. "But those creatures she's been seeing will attack her sooner or later"

"Can we do anything about that?" He asked, concern laced in voice.

Sally nodded. "I know a place where she'll be safe from the monsters, but David, you have to trust me"

He nodded hesitantly, still unsure of everything. But then again, she had never done him or Beatrice wrong. "I trust you, Sally. Where will you send her?"

"A place called Camp Half-Blood," She says. "It's a camp designed for demigods, she'll be safe there. I have someone who can take her, all I have to do is call"

"If it means my daughter is safe, then do what you must"

𝗮𝗹𝗲𝘅 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗸𝘀 !
this chapter was a lot shorter than I wanted it to be but next chapter is gonna be even longer